15. Scenery

{idol life, fluff, road trip au}

On a path filled with flowers,
I'm watching you today too.
Can I capture you in my mind?
⤟≻❈≺⤠

Taehyung pulled up to Chaeyoung's condo just as the first rays of sunlight pierced through the clear navy sky. He used his personal key card to enter the private underground parking lot and then slid his car into the spot that was specifically designated for him.

Situated at the very back end of the lot, behind a curve hidden by a storage room, while conveniently attached to a stairwell, it was originally just an undeveloped space meant for extra storage. Until Taehyung purchased and renovated it into an exclusive parking slot. It was the most private location for Taehyung's flashy vehicles to remain hidden while he visited Chaeyoung's place.

She had initially complained that he spent way too much money for a piece of land that was unprofitable, but Taehyung had argued that it was an investment.

Now, as Taehyung sent her a quick text to notify her of his arrival, he realized just how pivotal this space had been in keeping their relationship alive. The fact that it had allowed him to make countless visits to her house without the media ever discovering any of it was proof enough of its value.

He stepped outside to the passenger side of his white Porsche convertible and opened it just as Chaeyoung pushed through the fire escape doors.

Taehyung swore he was on the verge of a heart attack every time he saw her. No matter what she was wearing, what time of day it was, or how many times he saw her, he could never get used to the way his heart leaped out of chest when their eyes met. And whenever she greeted him with one of her characteristically sweet, wide smiles, he was certain he was the luckiest man in the world.

Today, her hair draped down both shoulders in soft, voluminous waves that reached all the way down to her lower chest. Although most of her head was covered by the hood of a black sweater, he could still see the subtle hints of purple interwoven through the mainly silver locks. The sweater was left open to reveal a matching black, long-sleeved dress that clung to her small waist and curvy hips like a second layer of skin. It cut off mid-thigh at a length that was just long enough to remain classy, but also short enough to showcase her unbelievably sexy, long legs. She wore her favourite white adidas sneakers and carried a large, customized YSL tote bag. All he could see of her face behind the black mask she wore were her luminous, dark-chocolate eyes.

As soon as she saw him waiting in his usual spot, those eyes lifted into two brilliant crescent moons. Taehyung's own face lit up into an automatic smile in response. Especially when she quickened her pace and practically skipped right into his arms.

"Good morning, beautiful," he murmured, engulfing her in a huge bearhug. They had shared 6 months worth of loving embraces, and yet he could still never get enough of the way her arms were just the perfect length to wrap around his waist, how her head was just high enough to rest his chin on, or how her excitement was evident by how tightly she squeezed him.

"Good morning!"

His continued to hold her even as she briefly let go to pull the mask down and look up at him with her entire beautiful face on display.

"How do you look so good at 5 am in the morning?" He asked, shifting his arms up to cup both sides of her cheeks. "It's actually not fair."

Her smile widened into a full grin in his hands. "I woke up at 3 am to pull this off."

"What?!" Taehyung pulled back a few inches to give her a bewildered look. "You gave up your precious sleep time for this?"

"Only for you."