4. Bite Me

{rated m, vampire au, rivalry}

"For someone who hates me, you're awfully wet"

⤟≻❈≺⤠

It all started when that son of a bitch, Taehyung, led his Kim clan into a human party.

Where they almost began a blood-sucking rampage that could have revealed their true identities to the world. An act that would have broken the contractual agreement between all vampires and the government. The very important, life-altering, fine print on the bottom of the page that states 'revelation of otherworldly creatures to the human race, no matter intentional or not, is punishable by annihilation'.

A part of Chaeyoung had considered letting the government discover the Kim clan there. But unfortunately, the repercussions of their stupidity would inevitably reflect onto their entire race. It didn't matter that one clan – the Kims – were a bunch of lust-driven idiots, the government treated them all the same. And it also didn't matter that the Parks and Kims still loathed each other over generations of built up grudges. A rivalry that trailed centuries back to their forefathers.

At the end of the day, Chaeyoung had to protect her family. Even if that meant cleaning up other creatures' messes.

That was why, as much as it physically pained Chaeyoung to do so, the Park clan (Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa, Mino, Bobby, Jaehyun, Taeyong, Yeri, and Joy) now stood outside the party mansion, awaiting her orders to enter.

The sound of giggling women and choruses of male laughter tumbled through the thick walls. Chaeyoung almost flinched. The noise was as loud to her adept ears as a screeching cat was to a human. She ran a hand through her long, straight blonde hair and wished she was wearing pants instead of this short, strapless, black dress. Because she knew all those dumbasses would be gawking at her as soon as she walked in.

In the far, far distance, the sound of police sirens rang through the foggy, night air.

And that was all the motivation it took for Chaeyoung to kick the door down. A pretty impressive action, considering she was also wearing five-inch stilettos.

As soon as the door was open, the Parks burst through the entrance, forming two, synchronized lines behind Chaeyoung. They completely ignored the humans, who gaped at their beauty. The Parks' faces were stone-cold, their steps determined as they searched for the other vampires.

One-by-one, each of them grabbed a member of the Kim clan and had to physically drag them out of the building. Chaeyoung didn't turn around once at their whiny, drunk protests. She knew that in their intoxicated states, the Kim clan's powers were heavily subdued. Her members could easily handle everyone else. 

Her sight was dead set on their leader.

Kim Taehyung was sitting at the very back of the living room, his long limbs taking up an entire sofa. Two, almost naked, human women were perched on either side of his lap while another one massaged his shoulders.

Chaeyoung's face twisted with disgust at the sight. For a split second, she reconsidered her decision and almost turned back around. But the altruistic side of her wouldn't allow it. So, no matter how sick she felt, she continued to stomp towards him.

The sound of her stilettos echoed through the boisterous crowd, and she knew he could hear it with his vampire hearing. Yet, he stayed true to his asshole nature, and didn't bother looking in her direction until she stood directly in front of him and he could no longer physically avoid it.

And when he did look at her, it was in a painfully slow rake up her body – from her sky-high shoes to her long bare legs all the way up to her eyes. Then, back down again. It was like for a brief second, he forgot about the women in his arms and could only see her.