Chapter 1: Dragon's Breath

Make sure to check out the external link. For some reason they wouldn't let me have it as the youtube video for this chapter. Ronan Parke, is adorable, and definitely can sing. I find it sad how some people could be so mean to him. I'm guessing they're just jealous of his wonderful voice.

Chapter 1

I’m on an airplane on my way down south to the Lone Star State. In other words, Texas. My mom, which is my aunt, has a business meeting in Texas, so I decided to tag-along since I had nothing better to do. So while she is in boring meetings, I’ll be sight-seeing the whole city. Maybe with some friends I meet on the way. I know that on my first full day, I will be meeting with some friends at the cafe right outside my hotel. I think it was called Dragon’s Kiss. Thankfully, it’s the only cafe with that name in the whole country.

“Sweetie, I have a business meeting in 20 minutes. So you’re off on your own for dinner. I should be back, somewhere around 9 p.m., maybe a little bit later than that. Love you!” as my mom walks out the door.

“Sigh. As usual, she leaves me alone to fend off for myself. I guess I’m gonna have to go driving to a restaurant then.” I smiled to myself.

I got up and grab the keys to the car my mom rented for us, mainly me, to use during our 2 week stay. I went downstairs, got the car, and left looking for a nice little restaurant to eat at. Instead, I found a nice looking under-aged bar and decided to go there. Parking the Honda somewhere and went to stand in line to get in.

“Hey! You there in the black shirt and shorts! Yeah you!” a girl yelled at me. “Would you mind being a date for my brother? He totally needs a date, and you seemed like a nice girl.” she quickly walked up to me.

“Ummm. I’m just standing in line to get in, have some food, and to dance. I don’t think being someone’s date was in my mind at all.” I replied.

“Cora. Stop pestering the poor girl. I don’t need a date, I’ve told you that billions of times already.” a guy followed.

“Nate. You really need a date. You also need to stop moping around because Natasha dumped you.” Cora said.

“Wait, did you say your name was Nate?” I asked.

“Yes.” he quickly replied.

“Ah.” I nodded my head. “I’m Madeleine. It’s been a long time since we met. We were supposed to  meet up tomorrow at Dragon’s Kiss.”

“Oh my gosh. You are THE Madeleine?!? A few weeks after Natasha dumped Nate, he was talking about an old friend of ours. He kept on saying ‘Do you remember when your hair got stuck to those necklaces you wore and Madeleine always helped get it unstuck?’ I was getting sick of all those ‘Do you remember’ questions from him.” complained Cora.

“You know you miss her too.” Nate sulked.

“Well, that settles it. You, are coming in with us.” she pointed at me. “Come on you 3 slowpokes. I met as well introduce you guys to Leina while I’m at it.”

“Fine.” they grumbled.

“So this hot brunette is my boyfriend, Luke. This beautiful redhead over here is Kim. And that’s her boyfriend, Jace.” Cora smiled.

“Gee. You love me oh so much. I hope you do know we might be in-laws one day.” said Jace.

“Oh I know. I just don’t want to admit it.” she sweetly smiled.

“Well, I’m Madeleine. You can call me Leina or Maddi for short.” I whispered.

“Well, we should probably go in then. Come on. We’re friends with the owner, so we can get in more quickly than everyone else.” said Luke.