Chapter 2: Explaining things

Hi! Soooo. Chapter 2. Maybe there will be more action........... Maybe. 

“Sparks Fly” by Taylor Swift

Recap

“What was that about with Argon?” asked Nate.

“Oh. I was just threatening him for not telling me something.” I replied.

“Do I want to know why?” pestered Nate.

“Nope. You don’t.” I smiled.

We were dancing for what felt like a few minutes, when in reality we danced for a whole hour straight.

Chapter 2

We left the club at 8 or so, heading towards Nate's house to hang out some more.  Nate decided to ride with me in case I got lost. We silently drove to their house. In my mind, I was preparing myself for the worse. As in possibly getting killed. I knew Nate wouldn't allow it, but you never know.

"Make a left over there." Nate said.

"Ok." I turned left.

We drove through the front gate and up towards the front of the building. I waited for Nate and the others to get out of the cars before taking a deep breath and getting out with them also. I quickly put up a shield around both cars when a icicle whizzed past me.

"What was that for dad?!?" screamed Cora. "Stop. Don't you dare hurt her! She's our friend!"

"No she isn't. She's the successor of our sworn enemy. We must kill her before she kills us. And I will kill her when I can. And you won't be able to stop me sweetie." a man said.

"How about this. You kill her, and I'll kill myself. I can't live without my Match. And I can't succeed the family unless I find my match and claim her as mine." Nate said rather coldly.

"Don't Nate. Let me explain myself to your father please." I asked.

"Fine." Nate grumbled.

"Hi. My name is Madeleine Helianos. I know that our families are sworn rivals, but we both have a common goal. To stop Darkor from killing all those innocent humans. Sure, I'm tied to Darkor because of my stupid twin who released the seal on his prison. However, if it wasn't for my parents, we'd all be his slaves by now. And I know you all might be very pissed off on how my dad died because of my mom. However, he died trying to seal Darkor away for as long as he could knowing that he'd most likely would die with my mom. We need to work together to stop Darkor. The Seward and Helianos family need to unite to stop him." I explained.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me? The Helianos women were always rather sly." Nate's father stared.

"You knew me when I was little. My father was your best friend. Although, you didn’t know my mother by her real name, but an alias. Which sound kind of weird, but my mom really wanted to be liked by all of you.” I rambled on.

In the background I heard a lady crying.

“You leave my granddaughter alone mister. If you don’t, don’t count on doing anything except training.” scolded an old man.

“Uncle! You should be in bed! Not out wandering about outside!” yelled Nate’s father.

“Then leave my granddaughter alone. She’s all the two of us have left of Drew. Her twin is a b*tch. I wouldn’t even call that girl my granddaughter. However, this girl right in front of you, I would gladly call her my granddaughter. Even though the only thing relating us is the son we adopted. So go ahead and get married to Nate. You better treat her well kid. If you don’t, I’ll skin you alive for that.” replied my grandfather.