Chapter Eleven

Alessandra Drakkon

Heir to the Drakkon Empire

I had to accept the throne my father left for me, I wander back inside and sit down onto the couch heavily, not sure if I am truly ready for such a responsibility. Speaking of my father, I stare at the locket as the door shuts softly behind Damien. "Tendi, can you scan the locket please?" I had a feeling, but I needed Tendi's help to confirm it.

"Of course, your Majesty. I am here to serve." A blue light scans over the locket, the locket rattles slightly as if it is fighting against the scan. "There is still activity, you Majesty, it seems the locket is not dead like his Highness hoped to imply." I shake my head slightly, he meant to conceal it from the others, not from me, that was why he winked at me before he disappeared.

"My father, Aldrich Drakkon." I say the same phrase that had activated it before and sure enough the lock pops open, before my father's form appears beside me, somehow sitting on the couch even though he is a hologram.

"You figured it out faster than I could have hoped, daughter." I roll my eyes, I was his daughter after all, even though I barely knew him, he was obviously extremely observant, I had that trait as well which was further enhanced by my photographic memory, which was why it was so weird I couldn't remember most of my childhood. "I had to make them think I was truly gone or else they never would have truly accepted your rule, even if they know you are my daughter, they know me and they don't know you, just how everyone else in the Empire will be feeling when your presence is officially announced. How long has it been since your birthday?" I glance away from him to look at the moons, one larger than the other, like a parent and a child.

"A few months, though I was too sick to go out to celebrate with my friends, not that they remember me now anyways." I was still upset that Damien had erased me from the minds of everyone who knew me, I understood it, but was still upset about it.

"I was afraid that your body wouldn't be able to get the proper nutrients we need from human food, but the Drakkon have always been survivors, just as your mother's people are, I knew that if you truly were anything like us, you would be fine, and look at you now, you survived, it might have been hard but you did it." I nod, knowing he was right, having to live with that pain, it changed me, shaped me into the person I was today, suffering was a very well known friend to me, and because of that it gave me a certain perspective over situations that might necessarily go unnoticed by everyone else.

"Who was she?" He looks away from me, obviously knowing who I was talking about, he looks forlornly at the wall, no doubt replaying his memories of her.

"You have her hair, her features, and her smile, most likely her stubbornness too. She was the most amazing creature I have ever met, fierce, not just smart, and cunning, but physically strong, she'd beat me more times than I would like to admit when we sparred. She was unlike any other person that I have ever met, she just had this energy to her, it drew you in and didn't let you go, capturing your attention and making you want to do anything you could to please her, but she never abused it, she would have made a magnificent Queen." I frown, closing my eyes in sadness, she was obviously long gone by the time he last did the brain scan upload. "Sadly, she was taken from me too soon, killed by my enemies or hers, I was never able to find out who, it was why I had to leave you somewhere, to keep you a secret until you were strong enough to protect yourself, I was going to come to you before your next birthday, if only I had had more time, if only she had been with me, she would have survived for you, when that woman had a weapon, nothing could stop her." His description of her was full of love, even now, most likely years after she has died.

"How did she die then if she was so good with weapons?" He clenches his fists, glaring at the ceiling.

"She was betrayed, the head of her own guard walked right up to her and slit her throat, she was gone before she could even place a finger on her sword, I fought through all of them and took you, before we ran, I stayed with you for a year, back on earth, in the hopes that I could be with you as you grew up, but when Titus began to get too close in his searches to locate me, I knew it was time to leave and I couldn't take you with me, you would have become a target, at least if I left, you were safe, lost among people everyone else deems insignificant." He turns to me, his eyes wide and filled with tears, well as tearful as a hologram could be. "I never wanted to leave you, I never wanted to abandon you, but I couldn't stay, please say you don't hate me for it?" I sigh looking down at his hands, looking up at him I gave him a small smile.