Chapter Twelve

Alessandra Drakkon

Heir to the Drakkon Empire

"What do you mean I cannot claim my title yet?" All that yelling and I wasn't even truly the heir yet.

"Well, the will is still in probate, though it should be out in a few days, then it can be read, and your father's assets properly distributed." I growl, staring at Damien, he was rather handsome, strong cheekbones, a light beard on his face, and slightly long brown hair with golden highlights, his eyes were what seemed the most cat-like to me. Goldish silver with a slightly oval pupil made for an interesting look. His ears were tipped just slightly, his skin a darker tan than mine, and his teeth were sharp, designed for ripping into flesh, just like mine must be if I was designed to survive off of blood, though mine seemed to length and recede depending on the situation, whereas his stayed in place. He was muscular, but not as overly large as I would've expected, he was not lean with his muscles, but they weren't oversized either, he seemed to have perfectly grown into his features, just like I had after I wasn't starving myself.

I glance around the room with a blank gaze, the décor was stunning, with lots of gold and bold colors, but it wasn't really me, I was more of a silver and black type person. "Did my father design the castle to look like this?" Was this truly the décor my father preferred, it didn't seem like it would suit based on what I had seen of his personality, Titus looks up from his Sheeve and blinks slightly, looking around as if he hadn't noticed the décor.

"Um, no actually, your Highness. The castle is enabled to change décor based on how the owner would prefer it, your father was much more minimalist, this is Lady Taarique's preference, when your father's ship first disappeared, she showed up and days later, pieces of it were discovered near the Yanzi system, your father was presumed dead, even though his remains were not found among the wreckage, that the signet ring started to seek you out at all, means he truly is gone, to be honest I had still hoped that somehow he would be able to defy his fate yet again, but I guess a man can only get so many second chances, I am just glad that he lives on in you." That made more sense that this was to Taarique's taste, even with the will in probate, she was still the supposed heir if I had not shown up and taken her place. Though to be honest, it was the second part of his conversation that interested me more, I hadn't heard about what truly killed my father yet, that his ship was found in pieces was telling, either someone attacked it, or it exploded because of a bomb, there weren't very many other options. I want to ask more, but I can see that he is still struggling through his emotions about my father's death, the hope that he was truly alive yesterday must have brought up all that pain again.

"Will you give me a tour? I haven't seen much of the place that may become my home, I think I've seen five rooms total if you are not counting the hallways." I needed a servant to show me where to go anywhere, I had only been here for two days, but still with a photographic memory, it shouldn't take me long to familiarize myself with this building. He perks up immediately upon my requesting a tour, he may have been my father's advisor, but the palace was clearly his pride and joy, the way he talked of its history, I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been around when it was built, I may be disgusted by the production of Ambrosia, but to everyone else around here, it was simply a way of life.

"This is the main Alcazar of the Drakkon family, the First Primary has always resided here, though the Drakkon family owns an estate on every planet they own, though none quite so lavish as this. It contains over three hundred bedrooms, there being about seventy-five state rooms, and over two hundred guest chambers, your bed chamber is one of the state rooms, when you claim your title you will be transferred into the rooms of the First Primary, they take up almost the entire south wing of the castle. We have over fifty drawing rooms, with various entertainment purposes, two dining rooms, the small one, that we've just left, and the larger one should you decide to host any balls, then of course the ball room, the kitchens are one sublevel below the main floor, along with all the staff housing which is a little over five hundred staff bedrooms, and other staffed rooms, the pools are in the east wing, along with other rooms where you can relax, with the lake just outside the east wing, as well as one hundred offices in the west wing, not to mention the library which spans most of the north wing, the centre room which houses the royal balcony that overlooks the city.