Chapter Thirty-Five

Alessandra Drakkon

Queen of the Drakkon Empire

"You know I always thought it was too simple that your father's mind was only in that locket for a single visit, but now I know he faked it." I feign confusion, not quite understanding how he got it quite so right.

"What on earth do you mean? This locket has no signal, you can check for yourself." I take it off and hand it to him, he smirks at me.

"I know he must have faked it, because your father is the only one who could have known where to find your mother, from what I am told around the time your father disappeared for a decade and you were dropped off on earth, the entire crew and ship were destroyed mere minutes after your father returned to Draka. The only other time your father left the system before that decade was with his personal ship and guards, who were killed along with him, when his ship was destroyed just over half a year ago. But if I am wrong you wouldn't mind if I destroyed the locket in order to look at the tech inside, right? I mean you're not exactly one for sentimentality, are you?" He places the locket onto the table and pulls out a plasma dagger, activate the blade he rears back as if ready to stab the locket.

"No! Wait!" He stops the blade only a hairsbreadth from the locket. "You're right, he's still in there." I couldn't let him kill my father completely, even if his body was gone.

"There, that wasn't so hard now was it?" He turns off the plasma and sheathes the dagger. Giving me back the locket, I quickly put it back on. "Don't get me wrong, I understand why he did what he did, if he hadn't your rule would have always been questioned, the people would never have let you rule alone, without his constant approval. Even Titus would have insisted that he be used, after all the locket could have uploaded his brain into a robot and it would've been just like he never left." I had never really thought about it before, but I suppose he is right, I would never have been allowed to truly rule, after all why take the inexperienced ruler over the one who has been ruling steadily for about ninety thousand years.

"You won't tell anyone will you?" He could gain a lot of leverage over me with this, but I didn't think he was the type of person who would, still I had to ask, that always unsure part of me needed additional assurances.

"Yes, you have my word, your Majesty. My loyalty is to you, not to him, I couldn't care less if he was alive or not. Now, back to the matter at hand, if you are going to a foreign planetary system, to an unknown planet, with an unknown number of enemy combatants, unknown weather, and general unknown awareness of the planets eco system, you are going to need some new clothes, and I don't mean your silly dresses, I mean real clothes. Now I am unsure if it is true or not, but I've heard rumors that Drakkon is host to these insects that weave silk ninety times stronger than steel, while also being eighty-seven percent lighter and more flexible." Insects that made silk that strong on this planet? I had never heard anything about that.

"I honestly have never heard anything like that, I imagine if anyone were to know it would be Titus. Tendi, will you please summon him." Damien's words made me realize how truly next to nothing I knew about this planet or even about this system and I ruled over eight systems.

"Lord Titus is requesting entry, your Majesty." I wave my hand, and Tendi allows him entry, Titus looks at me expectantly.

"You requested my presence, your Majesty?" Well, at least he didn't look guilty of something, like he was afraid I had found something out about him.

"Yes, Titus. Damien here tells me that we may have insects on this planet capable of making silk that is ninety times stronger than steel? Is there any truth to this rumor?" Titus doesn't answer right away which is strange, normally he is so eager to appease me.