Chapter Fifteen

Alessandra Drakkon

Queen of the Drakkon Empire

"Someone had to have turned off Tendi manually, one of them told me before I killed him." Damien looks at me dubiously, as if he wasn't sure he believed me.

"Did you ever think he might've been lying?" I scowl at him before raising up my blood-stained hand.

"Trust me, he was under a lot of pressure to tell me the truth. Was he telling the truth about having to manually disable the A.I. from the mainframe room or can it be hacked?" Titus looks at me nervously, his skin still pale.

"Yes, it has to be manually shut down, the Drakkon servers are among the most highly secured in the known galaxies." Damien scowls, looking angered by the proved fact that someone had betrayed us in order to ensure my death. "Though they may not know who you are, your identity was kept very hushed while we waited to see what your father's will would say, and if you would accept the throne. The only people that know of your ascension today are the royal family and a few trusted servants." Damien looks at me in surprise, having been away to deal with something, he likely didn't know that I had become Queen to an Empire.

"You ascended today?" He looks shocked, I wonder if he thought I would look or act different after I had ascended, I mean apart from killing five people who were trying to kill me after I ascended, there wasn't much different in my behaviour as far as I could tell.

"Yes, now back to the subject at hand, he also told me that they were paid five tubes of premium Drakkon Regenix to do the job and they would receive five more upon completion of the job and it was done anonymously, I asked twice to be sure." My fingers flex slightly as I remember how I persuaded him, Damien's eyes dart down to my hand and he smirks.

"I have to say after I found you in that miserable state on earth, I didn't think you'd turn out to be so bloodthirsty." I raise an eyebrow at him, was that supposed to be an insult because it didn't really feel like one.

"Are you trying to say, I should've screamed like a damsel in distress and let them kill me?" Damien grins at me wickedly, looking entirely too pleased with the bloodshed.

"No, I'm saying you should've tortured them longer so that when I got here, I could have joined in on the fun." I give him a small smile, he was too silly.

"Why on earth would I share one of my kills with you, they attacked me, not you." He smirks, pleased that I wasn't somehow disgusted by his desire for blood.

"Ahh, but I've sworn to protect you, meaning any attack on you is an attack on me, meaning that technically I should've been here taking the kills and you should have sat down and looked pretty." I scowl at him now, not pleased with his misogynistic words.

"If you thought that would be the case either before or after I accepted my title you are severely mistaken. I should take you down right now, show you who should really sit back and look pretty." He scoffs, making me roll my eyes, no matter the planet, men are arrogant assholes.

"Like you could!" Swiping my leg out I make him fall down, my hand was on his throat an instant later, my newly found claws unleashed and digging into his throat.

"I'm sorry? What was that? Of course, I could take you down? Oh yeah, I mean what else could you possibly have been saying to me?" Titus clears his throat, interrupting our staring contest, I dig my nails into his throat just a little bit deeper, drawing blood, once I see the red drops bead up around my fingers, I let go and go back to sitting on the bed like nothing happened.

"There is still the matter of your public coronation, given what has happened today, I feel it is best that it happens sooner rather than later now." That makes sense I guess, let the people know that they weren't just trying to kill a stranger anymore, but the Queen of their world, I imagine that should definitely endear them to me, if not drive up the price of the job that was to take off my head.