Chapter 3 - Potion Effect

Hiccup was on the back of Angus as they rode back to the castle. He wanted to know a bit more about the potion so he decided to ask Merida. The pair were talking and they have finally made it back to the castle. Hiccup started to walk into the castle but Merida stopped him. "Whatever you do, don't let anyone know that you have a potion." Hiccup nodded.

:P ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :P

Hiccup and Merida made their way to the dining hall where their mothers sat. The mothers looked over to the teens. "Merida, son. The queen and I have to tell you something." The pair sat down and secretly poured three drops of the potion into their drink then took a sip.

Queen Elinor cleared her throat before speaking. "Valka and I are sisters." Hiccup and Merida did not expect her to say that. Hiccup decided to drink the water as well as Merida. They both drained all their water and started to feel a little bit dizzy. The two mothers took notice of this and started to panic.

Queen Elinor quickly ran to the kitchen to gather water while Valka tried to comfort the two. "Son. It's going to be ok. What was in the water?" She decided to examine the water but there was none left.She rushed to Merida's cup and saw the same thing So she scanned her son to see if he was hiding anything. Due to the fact about him having armour, it was harder to find something but Merida wore a dress so she examined her.

:P ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :P

Queen Elinor came out with two cups of water and rushed over to her daughter and offered her water. She did the same thing to Hiccup. "So Valka, what do you think caused them to..." Valka was holding a small bottle.

"This is the answer to why they are like that." Valka heard Hiccup cry in pain. "We should not worry about what the thing contained and help out children." The pair carried their child. Queen Elinor carried Merida to her room while Valka carried Hiccup to the room next door.

:P ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :P

Queen Elinor laid Merida onto her bed. Merida was tossing and turning in her bed when she suddenly fell off. She went round the corner to see her but what she saw scared her. Instead of Merida , there was a bear. She didn't want her husband to hear about the news due to the last time. Unfortunately, there was screaming in the next room which scared her so she tried to hide her daughter from her father which failed.

:P ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :P

Valka had laid Hiccup onto a bed that was in the room. She was becoming worried about Hiccup. Just then, his body started to change. At the same time, scales started to spread. She then realised that her son was turning into a dragon. Not just any dragon but a night fury. She let out a scream.

The doors burst open which revealed Queen Elinor and a bear. "Come on Valka! Try and get Hiccup us so we can run." Valka managed to wake her son up and the pair flew out the door literally and made their way to the main dining area where Queen Elinor stood with the bear behind.

A sword flew pass them and landed onto the floor next to Merida. The group looked out and saw King Fergus running towards them. "Come on all of you. We need to get out of here." She mounted onto Merida who didn't mind since they needed to escape  so Valka copied and by then, the four of them were out the door.