Alone Together

I press the button on her gate door. "Hello? Y/n, is that you? Why are you wearing something so hilarious?!" 

"Shut up. Open the gate." I glare at the camera. I opened the gate then walked into her house.

"Thanks for coming over." She smiles then closes the door behind me.

"There's food. Of course. Where is it?" I look around her kitchen.

"Spicy ramen noodles!" Tzuyu slaps chopsticks into my hand, drags me to the coffee table where the noodles sit, and turns on the T.V.

"Ughh...You know I'm not well with spicy." I groan.

"I know." She grins.

"Then why torture me?" I sniffed the ramen, it didn't smell spicy..

"I didn't. I made sure yours wasn't spicy." She blows her noodles.

"Oh. Then. Thanks." I sniffle.

After we were done eating, we got onto Netflix. "Hey, where's your family..??" I finally ask.

"My family, they went back to Taiwan. My parents did. My older brother moved out." She bluntly says. How is she not worried? She'd be so lonely, and she doesn't like being lonely...

I hummed in response. "Will you be okay?" Tzuyu looked at me, dumbfounded. "Will you be okay, by yourself?"

"Oh yes, I'm finally alone. I'm super glad." Her cheeks turns red.

"So you can fight bad people, right? You're only 15 years old." I snicker to myself. She gently shoves my arm.

"Nobody is going to come in the house. They'd have to pass over my high gate door and then try to figure out my door password and go through high security. I'll be certainly fine Y/n. Why, are you worried?" She smirks at me.

I choke on my own saliva. "Huh? Please don't get me wrong. Worried about Chou Tzuyu? Pfft, you're ridiculous." I laugh. I look over my shoulder and see Tzuyu frowning. "Okay, maybe. I was. So what?"

We sat in awkward silence. We were both alone together, how is she trusting herself with only me? I'm a guy, she's a girl. Does she really trust me this much..?

"Y/n, you're clueless." She mutters.

"Why is that?" I look at her and pause the show.

She crosses her arms and looks away from me. "You're a stupid guy. How could you not notice? All these years?" What's she talking about?

"What do you mean Tzuyu? What's up with you?" I furrow my eyebrows. She finally makes eye contact with me but glances away.

"We're alone. Together. Boy and girl. How can you be so calm about us being together?" So she was thinking the same thing..

"We're friends Tzu." I quietly say.

"Friends can gain feelings. For each other in exact."

I grunt and sit up straight. "Are you confessing?"

"Who says that..?" Tzuyu gulps. I say that...I can't understand you Chou Tzuyu...after all these years of being friends with you, I cannot read you.

"I think it's getting late. I should go." I stand up but Tzuyu's hand grips onto my hand.

"Are you really going to leave a 15 year old girl in her house alone?" Her head down.

I look down at her then sit back down next to her. "Tzuyu, are you scared being alone? Why'd you lie to me?"

"I was trying to hint you. You're so clueless Y/n. You're so confusing and complicated." She sighs and lets go of my hand.

There, we sat in silence. Again. I should talk, this is too awkward. "Did you read all the love letters?"

"Yeah. All of them were just boys trying to 'do' me." She rolls her eyes. Is that what other guys see in Tzuyu? Is that what all the other guys see for Tzuyu? Just some girl to mess with and 'do it' with? Are they out of their minds..? Tzuyu must be so devastated from reading those letters, she deserves so much more..

"Tzuyu...you aren't just any other girl to me. To those guys, they just see a girl. To me, I see you, the one flower out there that stands out the most. I'm upset with those guys who gave you letters. All they see in you is just some girl to play with. They don't understand your feelings, I want to be the only guy to understand you. The only one you can lean on...."

Tzuyu's face turned bright red now. Did I make her embarrassed? Oh god..I should've kept that to myself...I sigh. "I must've gotten ahead of myself. Sorry.."

"Don't be sorry Y/n. Plus, you're the only guy I would lean on. I trust you the most. You're the most sweetest and humorous guy out there I know.." Tzuyu clenches her fists. I put my hand onto her fists.

"Tzuyu..what is the real reason you invited me over to your house? I know it wasn't just to eat ramen."