Timing Is Important

The lights turned off. The dark filled the house. I'm guessing the electricity went out. "Tzuyu, are you there?" I was dearly afraid of the dark. I felt a hand gripping onto my hand.

"I'm here. Let's go upstairs." She guided me through the darkness. "Are you alright? You're scared of the dark, right?"

"Yeah..." I was a bit ashamed admitting so.

"That's beyond adorable Y/n." She giggles. We arrive into her room, I sat on her bed with her. "Sometimes the power cuts off like this all the time."

"Oh, are you not scared at all?" I look at her. Even though it was so dark, all I saw was just her.

"No, not really. I usually chill in my room until it comes back on. It may take a few hours." She sighs.

My phone buzzes. It's my mother. I pick up the call, surprised that a call actually went through.

"Mom?" I clear my throat.

"Where are you? You're not at home, why didn't you tell me where you were heading???" My mom sounds worried, aren't some moms like that anyways?

"Yeah..sorry mom. I'm over at Tzuyu's. Her house, the power is out. So I'm staying here until it comes back on."

"Are you doing this to 'protect' her? Cause if so, you're scared of the dark." She laughs hysterically through the call. I roll my eyes.

"Okay, bye mom." I hang up on her.

"Pfft, your mom knows?" Tzuyu chuckles.

"Yes..." I groan and lied next to Tzuyu. I looked at the ceiling and saw her stars she stuck up onto her ceiling. It glows in the dark, it's what I gave her for her in 7th grade. I even helped her stick it up there. "You still have the stars?"

"Yeah I do. I don't know how to take it off, but I'd rather leave them on the ceiling forever. I use the stars to help me through stressful times."

"It helps you too?" I turn my head sideways to her way.

"Yeah, it does." How could glow up stars help?

"How?"

Tzuyu turns her head sideways to my way. "It's from you. Whenever you were gone, it felt like you were here still. I felt safe with the stars on my ceiling. It feels like I'm in a galaxy."

My face felt hot. I turn away from her and face towards the ceiling. "R-Really? I didn't know it'd mean that much to you." I chuckle.

"Me too, but here we are. Still friends after three or four years.." She yawns. She never answered my question downstairs.

"Tzuyu. My question downstairs. When we were downstairs, can you answer it if you have an answer?" I face towards her. Her eyes were closed. "You've got to be kidding me, Chou Tzuyu." I scoot to her and lean on my elbow. My face was inches from hers. I check her eyes, she was surely asleep. I lie back down next to her. "Our timing. It's not that great..." I mumble. 

I notice that in our past life together, we always had the worst timing. It was always interrupted. We'd communicate in such wrong timings. Maybe I met the right girl, but at the wrong time? Why now? Why does 'fate' do this to me now? Living the youth days with her, again. Though, this time, it's different. It's different because back then, I never had these feelings for her until I was a senior. But I was too late. I need to work harder to communicate to Tzuyu. The timing has to work this time.