Cornered

Ch.10

It's only been two days since Yoojung has started working at Délice. You haven't properly met the girl, but you've heard a bit from Daeho. He's always smiling when he talks about the girl. When you mentioned the girl to Jackson, he was frowning. There were two clear different attitudes about the new dish washer. You haven't had the time to talk to her and it was hard making an assumption based off their two vastly different opinions. It's not like you cared to get to know her much since Délice was getting a bunch of large reservations lately. It looked like there was a couple business meetings taking place at the restaurant. That's been taking a majority of your time away. That's why you haven't even checked up on Daeho in his station. Not that he needed someone checking on him. He's gotten much better at his job and works hard.

You just wish that girl is helping him though. Daeho assured you that she was being helpful to him, too stubborn to let you think anything else. That's what you'd hope for. He doesn't really talk much about her work ethics. He only ever tells you about some of the conversations they have. From the way Daeho talks about her, it looks like your little nephew has caught feelings for her. That wasn't really a good thing in your book. He should keep it professional in a work setting. It's okay to become close friends, but anything more than that would be distracting. You're not his mom though so you can't really tell him not to date. It's not like his mom would care though. Almost three weeks and not a single call from her. What a b*tch.

Anyway, you were currently helping the pâtissier. They were creating sweet breads while you were straining jelly. All the seeds from the strawberry jelly were getting caught and held back while the liquid dripped down into the container underneath. This was to have a smooth strawberry jam to use for the desserts that would be served. You were lightly pressing on the jam, hoping to make it drip a bit faster. Just as you were doing that is when Seokjin walked in, examining your actions out of all people. You looked up at him with a friendly smile. Yet today you didn't find yourself getting bitter at the sight of him. Magic.

"Want strawberry jam?" You joked.

"I like strawberries, but not strawberry flavored things..." Seokjin admitted with a shrug.

"It's no good to be picky," You stated. Seokjin clicked his tongue, knowing he couldn't fight you back. Yes! You win! You giggled to yourself meanwhile the pâtissier was a bit shocked. (F/n) joking around and with Seokjin? It was strange to you too.

Over at Daeho's station, work was being done at a slow pace. It would have been faster but Yoojung was taking forever with a single dish. After she finished one, she was 'tired' and wanted to sit down. It was getting on Daeho's nerves but Yoojung usually batted her eyes at him. She saw how Daeho turned into putty and found it cute. Playfully touching his arm to see him blush and giving him mixed signals. It was all enough to make Daeho overlook her flaws. He didn't want to focus too much on the fact that he did most of the heavy work. He was used to doing the dishes by himself. It was nothing he couldn't handle. He was perfectly fine. The only thing was that he didn't want to rant too much to Yoojung about how she should do some work as well.

Last time he did that, she looked upset. Daeho quickly took it back since he thought he had lost his chance with her. Whatever it takes to get her number. Daeho was willing to wash a couple more dishes. Desperation was making him break his back more than when she wasn't around. He would occasionally ask her to at least do a few so she doesn't get in trouble. He doesn't want her getting caught just sitting and standing around. Even when he asked though, she would groan and complain only to work sloppily. If a dish supposedly looked clean, she would run it under cold water and consider it clean. It was beginning to drive Daeho crazy, but he told himself to not lose it. He was the same himself in the beginning. He tried to see himself in her though it was a little hard for some reason.