PART XI - CHESS

Elle runs up the stairs to Tre's office quickly and finds him getting head from some pretty little thing. They'd agreed to leave each other alone and on space after the trapdoor incident. He pushes the girl away standing and putting his pipe away. The girl looks embarrassed and trying to collect herself. Elle goes to peace at the awkwardness, the woman's awkwardness seems genuine as she makes herself sparse leaving.

"Sorry Tre, I just had to come see you. It's not smart you stay in here for now" she says quickly reaching into her purse and trying to stick to the issue at hand "Go spend some time with Rico for awhile" she says handing him a folder with everything her needs.

"Elle, calm down" he reasons concerned and looking her over.

"I don't know how Kizzy is involved but she might be. I can handle Kizzy." Elle reason's looking at him with nerves her hands tremble and he holds them. "I told you Tre I'm not an angel. " she reminds. "I love an adrenaline rush or at least I used to. I was a party girl, I just cared about the club and Jesse and a good time. I was sleeping with a married man. It's why I can't live with myself. His wife is why Jesse's dead. The bitch is nuts. The fire at the apartment, the guys trying to get at me, the shooting at the club. She wants me dead. Flatlined, no pulse" Elle explains talking too fast. She's a bag of nerves.

Fucking a married man.

Sal omitted that princess as he called her was fucking the boss. Fucking the same boss that threatened to let his men have her.

"If I'm alive she'll settle for me being miserable. You've been good to me. I don't want anything happening to you" she says honestly.

"What I tell you? I'm always good" he asserts.

"Tre, I'm not some dumb girl that doesn't know how things work or how bad they can get. Can you trust me?" Elle reason's and his eyes soften.

"You just walked in on me getting a blow job and didn't flinch. I know you're not like other women. But I know you're good. Crazy wife or not. No ones touching you and she'll have hell to pay if she comes after me" He explains.

"You're not getting me." Elles eyes are serious as she looks up into his. A knock at the door interrupts them and Sal enters smirking when he sees Elle.

"It's been awhile Princess, Black" he greets casually.

"Salvatore" Elle comments dryly.

"Principessa you played with fire my darling not me. You shut down the club that's all the hostility I need capsice? I'm paying for it enough" he comments. Tre recognizes his demeanour is friendly and not boss like.

"He plays dirty Black, don't make deals with him. He'll rob you blind and you'll have no idea" Elle warns protectively making Sal smile.

"Not you though bella, always too sharp" he smiles before it fades. "I never got to apolo-"

"Don't" Elle stops him. "Life happens" she counters seriously and Sal swallows.

"I'm here to pick up my old friend, per the bosses request. He's stupid enough to believe he still has a chance. But if anything happens to this one, you'll hate him forever. We're past that aren't we" Sal smiles shaking his head.

"Where's Rina?" Elle asks.

"If it was up to me?" He shakes his head balling a fist. "She's in the wind" he admits. "I've got your cousin Kizzy with some girls being questioned"

"Salvatore, this is not a threat but if you're going-

"Elle" Tre warns.

"No, if you're going to screw me over make sure I'm dead. Because I'm close to the edge." There's no fear in her eyes.