Chapter 3

Joe's POV:

I turned of the engine of the hire car and just stared at Dianne. Wow, how lucky am I?! She looked into my eyes, at my lips and then back to my eyes again. I whispered "Later" and with that we got out of the car. I grabbed the bags and told Dot to head on in to meet Zoe and Alfie. After a few minutes, a member of staff offered to show us to our treehouse which we would be saying in. He opened the door and...

Dianne's POV:

...it was magical! I loved every single thing about it. They even left Joe and I our own bottle of champagne, with 2 little elves holding 10 panels next to it. Joe put our bags on our side of the treehouse. Then, he picked up his camera to film a skit for his vlog. I decided to try out the new coffee machine as it looked so cool! Later, we gave Zoe and Alfie the Christmas present we bought them. We ran out of Christmassy wrapping paper so we used the only wrapping paper we had. We gave them the Strictly Come Dancing board game and made jokes about how Joe and I didn't win.

Zoe's POV:

I am so glad I invited Joe and Dianne to the treehouse with me and Alf as it just made the stay so much more enjoyable. We all got into our matching onesies and ate the donuts from Dumdum Donutterie which I brought. Everyone was just calm and relaxing when something strange happened...

Alfie's POV:

...the speaker randomly went off. However, it started playing a song called 'Give My Love To Joanne'. It was a slow song and none of us had ever heard of it. Joe and Dianne's team name on Strictly was Joanne so we were all thinking that someone had hacked into the Bluetooth speaker to play the song. To make matters worse, the reception said no staff had been down that area of the forest for 20 minutes and that it would only connect to someone's phone if they were within a certain radius of the speaker. Just great. We decided to send Joe and Zoe out to investigate but nothing happened. We all thought it would be best to forget the situation and to hop into the hot tub instead.

Dianne's POV:

We were in the hot tub for a good 50 minutes until we decided that we should head back inside. Just before, we took a group photo on my phone and then headed back inside. We got back into our onesies and sat around the tv with face masks on. Zoe took a photo of us all and sent it to me so I could post it later. We all sat around just chatting and watching the tv for roughly 2 hours until we all thought that we needed to go to sleep.

Joe's POV:

Dianne and I went into our room, locked the door and did our teeth. After, we got in our bed and I was reading an article on my phone whilst Dianne sat there sulking. I asked if she was okay as I didn't understand what was going on and she replied back with "Later", whilst she tried to mimic my voice as best she could. I looked at her and laughed. "Sometimes you act like a child Dot, but that's one of the many reasons why I love you" I said watching her face light up. I leaned in and softly placed my lips on hers. We both pulled away simultaneously and she snuggled into me. I gently kissed her forehead over and over again as she ran her hands through my hair. Soon enough we both drifted off to sleep in each others arms...

 Soon enough we both drifted off to sleep in each others arms