Chapter 6

Joe's POV:
I woke up, saw Dianne asleep next to me and I couldn't help but smile. I'm just so glad she's home. I tiptoed my way out of the room, trying to be as quiet as possible. She'd been on a long flight so she needed it more than anything. I went downstairs and made her avocado on toast with a coffee. I put everything on a little tray and took it upstairs.

Dianne's POV:
I slowly opened my eyes to a soft, calming whisper. "Dot, I've got you breakfast". I was still half asleep so I sat staring at my breakfast, trying to work out where it came from. As Joe was going back downstairs to make himself breakfast, I shouted thank you as loud as I could. I heard him shout back, "Anytime Dot".

Joe's POV:
"I can't believe it! Somehow this girl has dragged me out plant shopping" I told my viewers as we walked our way through London. Dianne pointed out that we were matching, which I think looked cute. We bought some plants and plonked them in the car with a few bits and bobs.

Dianne's POV:
We drove back to Joe's apartment where we filmed a segment for his vlog about the plants. Who knew someone could make plants interesting! Afterwards, we went downstairs and I started cooking a bolognese. I tried to convince Joe that I could cut an onion without my eyes watering but it just backfired. I blocked my nose thinking it would work but it didn't. I played it off like the onions were stronger in the UK than in Australia but I knew he wasn't going to buy it. He pulled me into a small hug and gave me a quick and sweet peck on the lips. As his eyes met mine, he said "You are a funny old onion aren't you". I bursted out laughing and I continued to make dinner whilst he spun me round, dancing with me.