27

Jungkook's POV

Maybe I really am demented.

Everything is falling apart, and among everything, I'm here lying in this bed, my mind in an endless void.

People saying that Yuna never existed, as if my memories were actually false, drives me to the edge.

Just imagine being told that you're living a lie. Imagine not having anyone by your side because of your own rash decisions, and your own selfish desires.

Was it really all my fault?

Did it start when I first transferred to Seoul High School in the first place? Or maybe that first encounter with Yuna at detention, or maybe the second encounter where Jimin introduced me to her?

Or was it.. when I fell in love with Yuna?

Perhaps that was the cause.

It's crazy how love can either bring you utter happiness, or it can all come crashing down you, breaking you piece by piece until you feel less than human.

Unfortunately I'm in the second option.

I just want someone to tell me that everything will be okay. That I'm not going crazy and whatever I've experienced was real. Someone to comfort me of being numb of emotion and my many thoughts crossing my mind.

Isn't it funny how the first person I thought of that matched that description is Yuna?

I want her back.

I want to see her smiling face.

But I can't tell if I still love her.

The fact that my heart is aching of excruciating pain can be for so many reasons and she happens to be a big chunk of it. If she caused this much pain for me, wouldn't it just be easier to let go?

Why can't I let go of you, Yuna?

-

Being finally discharged from the hospital makes me feel like I've been lifted of my sins. I don't have to see that dull ceiling every morning. I don't have to see those dreaded doctors who give me rising angst just from seeing them.

I don't have to eat the plain food from the hospital anymore.

But most of all.. I get to go home.

I get to see my parents after so long. I get to smell eomma's cooking that fills the house with a tasty aroma. I get to hear my appa's exaggerated rants about his work.

I just never realized how much I wanted to step foot out of the hospital and go home.

I don't think I can stay here any longer.

Heading towards the exit, I try to lighten up a little.

After this, I won't have to return to this hospital ever again. I don't have to come back to Seoul.

I.. will let go of Yuna.

I will leave with no regrets hanging.

Before I could leave, a sigh of disappointment leaves my mouth as I hear someone call my name from behind.

"Jungkook-ssi?" I turned around to find one of the doctors who has been taking care of me throughout the course of my trauma.

"Ah, yes? Did I forget something?" I tried to hide the grimace on my face, hoping that she doesn't tell me all of a sudden that it was a mistake that I'm not actually discharged.

"The man who came a while ago told me to give you this when you leave." The doctor hands me a note as I glanced down.

Jimin.