Ben

"It's you." I smiled, tears inching at the corner of my eyes, seeking relief.

"Ben." Rey ran to me, her tears spilling as she did so to the floor. She clung around my neck. Tears fell down both of our faces and exchanged themselves behind our backs.

"I feel your heart." Rey put her hand there, where she felt bursting jolts of circulation.

"I feel you, too. Please, tell me this is real?" I gently held Rey's cheeks in my palms.

"I believe it is." Rey searched my broken, brown eyes for nothing specific, but for her own curiosity.

I could not help but to kiss the girl. It had been too long. To know you were devoted to someone, to be scolded at because others misunderstood you-it was this second that mattered to my life the most.

Her sweet mouth had spoken for her failed words. Rey placed her hand on my leg, healing the chunk that had gone missing. We pulled apart and for once everything seem perfect. We touched each other's faces and felt the love
that was binding us together.

"Fate." I whispered as I fixed Rey's messy hair.

"It appears to be." Rey laughed through her cries and held hands with me. They were smooth and petite, yet absorbed in the magic of the Jedi.

"I am sorry about the child." Rey changed the subject to something I did not want to talk about. The topic hit my stomach hard, rushing sweat overcame my forehead.

"I am sorry you had to suffer." I empathized.

"I have loved you forever, and that will not change over the child. I remember I loved you as a scared scavenger- how innocent you were when I carried you in my arms. And how strong you grew that you help me against the Pretorian Guards. Now, you have saved me from becoming someone else- a monster. I will never be able to show you how much I love you." I kissed her hand and squeezed it.

"You know it is my duty as King to find a suitable Queen." In response, Rey smiled and placed her hand on her brow.

I got down on one knee, sweat dripped and my heart bursted. How I do not miss bodily functions, I thought for a brief moment. The ring had been in my pocket since I was a boy. It was my grandmother's once, and it was the only material object I had from her when she was royalty.

"As King Solo, I would like to offer my hand in marriage to you. To tend to the galaxy when needed and to serve your King would be the duties set forth for a Queen." I pulled the ring from my pocket and placed it on her finger. It was a black band. The red stone that lay caged was to be the last gem that would have completed my lightsaber. It now had a home for a different purpose, one better than for violence.

Rey collapsed to the floor and went into hysteria. I bent down and hugged her, playing with the ring on her finger.

"Ben..." she could barely speak. I showed her my ring. It was white with Anakin's words etched out in red: "Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life."

"Rey?" I rubbed her back.

"I do!" She cried as she pushed me to the floor and kissed me again.

"Please, rule the galaxy with me." I yearned to speak those words forever. It was hard to believe I actually said them. Most importantly, they were said by the girl who brought pining to my heart years before. Perhaps fate had worked. Perhaps it was her realization that we were meant to end the warring times and insightful generations. I will never know, I but will always care for her change of heart.

Neither one of us would compete for anything except for each other's love. We will encourage those with the Force to practice, not for good or for evil, but both. We humbly will lay down our weapons as we ascend to Royalty. We will put the past behind us to seek who we really are. The Skywalker name is not failing; no, it is rising.