Rey- 6 Months Later at Exogol

Today was more than a wedding day. It was a day where I would become sworn into a new royalty that was not upheld by the old ways of the light or by the dark, but of the balance. I committed myself to such a man who believes in this way as well. We both made mistakes and blamed each other for them. It resulted in his death and the death of my son, so I ask, at what cost are you willing to sacrifice all you have for the better of the universe? Ben and I had lost too much to let the chaos continue. We both lost special people who I wish could be seated upon the crowd so they could remember why they fought.

"Hello, Rey." I turned around in my undergarments to find Ben calling me from wherever he was.

"Go away, I'm surprising you!" I laughed and covered myself with a cloth.

"I just wanted to tell you that I am the happiest man, truly." He bowed then disappeared.

"Rey! I must adjust your dress!" Maz entered with pointy objects in a pouch.

"Go on then, try it on." Maz urged.

I wrestled to get into the dress and all of its bulky areas. Once I had it on, it felt empowering in a feminine way.

"This is a style of dress long before the time of Vader." I stared in awe at the mesmerizing neck line. How honoring it is to wear something of such high value.

"My Queen, you need your hair done as well." Maz smiled.

"I'm not picky, please, make it marvelous." I could not help but to stare at the dress. What an honor it was to symbolize the entire universe. The train faded out into black along with the ends of my long sleeves. It was a message- a symbol to everyone everywhere.

Maz let my hair down in curls, save for the braids and bun she made sit high upon my head.

"How sweet. Thank you." I bent over so Maz could properly hug me.

"Make this place how it used to be, millions of years is too long of a wait again." She brushed off the excess paint on my face.

"You are a Queen. I see the eyes of the strong, loyal Padme within you. You will make everything right." Maz bowed her head and smiled weakly.

"Thank you, Maz." I shook her hand and took one last look in the mirror. I always was pressured in being the best, in making decisions, and in leading my people. Yet today was more pressing than any other experience. It was a commitment to a man. It was a commitment to the entire galaxy. It was a commitment myself. A lot rests on my shoulders from this day forth, and I hope Ben can help me through these changes.

"Are you ready?" Maz opened the door of the Falcon. I breathed in and out and felt the love of Ben from the Throne room. He's ready, and so am I.

"Yes." I exhaled. I gripped the flowing bouquet of black and white from Maz's other hand. She opened the door.

"Down the hallway." She pointed. No one saw or heard us yet. I strode over the black scales of Exogol, the faint whispers of the crowd hushed. I felt the terrible memories and violence that once played out on these rock. I smirked. We shall paint over the past that was here and recreate something beautiful.

I left a link to the dress I was thinking of. Maybe it gives you a better visual while playing this scene out in your head. It's here just in case you want to see it!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/0d/e8/240de8ae6e68aa24e32c2eb5742a8490.jpg