27- Shaking

OH Nuuuu... Y'all gonna hate me for dis.

And that's my rough sketch of David. I'm still pretty much tweaking with how he's suppose to ACTUALLY look like.

••••••••••

'Help...'

'H-Help...'

'KRIS!'

Kris awoke to the feeling of being shaken. His body swayed from side to side, and his eyes started to open, blinking because of the blaring flames in front of him and behind a figure. That figure held a piercing blue gaze as the scaly claws buried itself on Kris' shoulder.

Groaning, Kris finally rose because of the pain. His eyes fully open and once they were, he wished that he never opened them.

There, stood a tall monster that Kris had become of angered of-- Though that ire was merely because of Susie's influence that he is indeed a red flag-- The monster had his gaze set on Kris and still shook and shook him desperately.

Once David knew that he was awake he sighed and wasted no time in interrogating, "Where's my daughter?" He spoke in a growling voice, filled to the brim with ferocity.

"I don't know." Kris removed David's hands easily despite being a bit groggy.

"How do you not know?!" David shouted, "I know you've seen all this happen!" He cried out, "You could've stopped this!" David's eyes were pricked with tears, he really didn't want to see his daughter burnt into ashes, into dust, he couldn't take that, and especially when he could've done something to prevent it.

Kris remained quiet, unmoving. This made David's fury, along with his worry, skyrocket. "Answer, you brat!"

Kris gritted his teeth, "Don't you think I'm worried, too?!" He screamed, causing David to flinch. David was about to retort but Kris continued with more dominance, "You've treated Susie like dirt on your shoes! Why in the hell should you care?!" Kris breathed deeply, but inhaled nothing but smoke causing him to cough and sputter, although, still remaining his stance.

"Why you-!"

Footsteps, heavy footsteps, were slowly approaching. Kris gulped, and both stopped their bickering. Taking a glance behind him, David almost fainted from utter shock and relief all at once. It was Susie!

"Susie!" David ran up to her, ran with all his might, and tried to embrace her figure. Susie, merely stepped aside, sending David to the floor.

"You brat..." David groaned in pain and sighed, "Glad you're still the same."

Susie, oddly, just grinned. Not her usual sly one, no. It was that eerie one that Kris knew well.

David hesitated if he should move or not. That thick eerie tension in the air was making him shake, unknowing of what his next move should be.

Suddenly shaking her head, Susie, without a word slammed her foot on David's back. David reacted and tried to evade, but his reflexes were no match to the seemingly, newly acquired speed of Susie.

Being the now courageous one, Kris tried to approach Susie, only to be met with Susie raising her finger, "Uh uh uh. Move, he dies. Simple." The words slithered out of her mouth.

Kris paused and stood as still as a statue. He didn't wish for another soul to be taken, not again. Even if that soul was as sickly as David's.

Susie giggled and that was enough to prove that they were in control now.