Chapter 32: Kidnapped!

Nancy sat on her bed in her room as she looked at her engagement ring. She's so happy that she will finally be marrying the love of her life. But she knows that she's going to have to save the world, if she wants to start a good life with Jonathon. Jonathon walked in and Nancy smiled at him. "Hey." Nancy greeted. "You okay?" Jonathon asked and Nancy sighed. "Ask me again when this is over." Nancy replied and Jonathon nodded. He sat across from her on her bed and grabbed her hand. "I love you." Jonathon commented. "I love you too." Nancy agreed. They leaned in and kissed passionately. "Nancy, where should we move after all of this is over?" Jonathon asked. "I don't know. This town has gotten a whole lot worst, but I don't know if I can leave my brother in this town without me there to protect him." Nancy replied and he nodded. "I can understand that, I feel the same about Will." Jonathon agreed. "Will this town ever be safe?" Nancy asked and Jonathon shrugged. "At this point, I don't know." Jonathon replied and Nancy sighed. He pulled her close and she laid her head on his chest.
     The boys walked downstairs to the basement as they all began eating their Eggo's. "Any break throughs?" Lucas asked and Max shook her head. "No, not yet." Max replied. "There has to be a way to permanently close the gate, right?" Dustin asked. "You'd think so." Suzie replied. There was a moment of silence as Eleven was deep in thought. "I didn't open it." El muttered. "What?" Will asked as they all looked at her. "The gate. Remember when I told you I opened the gate?" El asked. "Sure. You thought you were a monster, but I told you that you weren't because you had just saved Dustin and I." Mike replied and she nodded. "But I didn't open the gate, I created it." El told them. "You did?" Dustin asked. "Yes, by accident. With everything that I was going through, I was emotional and just wanted out. I created it just before I escaped. But the gate between this world and the Upside Down, was never meant to exist." El replied. "So, what's our move?" Lucas asked. "We've been going through this all wrong. We shouldn't try to close the gate, or it'll just somehow open again." El replied. "Then what do we do?" Mike asked. "We.... I need to destroy the gate." El replied and they all gasped.
     The group of friends starred at Eleven. "Destroy it? All of it?" Max asked. "It's the only way." El replied. "And how do you do that?" Lucas asked and Eleven sighed. "I don't have all the details yet, but it'll take a lot of power." El replied. "Maybe too much." Mike suggested. Eleven shook her head and grabbed his hand. "I'll be okay." El told him. "You don't know that, El." Mike told her. "Mike.... I have to do this. It started with me, and now it has to end with me." El told him. "I can't lose you again." Mike told her. "And you won't. Trust me." El told him and he nodded. "I do. I always have." Mike agreed and she smiled. "You have no idea how it feels when the monster from your nightmare comes back for you." El told him. "I know and I wish you didn't have to go through this with him again." Mike agreed. "Thank you." El commented. Mike leaned in toward Eleven and kissed her gently. "Just promise me you'll be careful." Mike told her. "I promise." El agreed.
     Nancy and Jonathon walked into Karen's bedroom, where her and Joyce were. "Are we ready to go?" Nancy asked. "Just about it." Joyce replied. Karen was more nervous then everyone else, since she's never done this before. It kind of unnerved her that the others seemed so calm. "How are you guys so calm?" Karen asked. "Experience." Jonathan replied. "I don't think I could ever get use to this." Karen commented. "It never gets easier to deal with, trust me." Joyce told her. "What do we do now?" Jonathan asked. "We prepare for another fight. Like last time, and the times before." Joyce replied. "I'll get my gun." Nancy commented. "You have a gun? When did you learn to shoot?" Karen asked. "A long time ago. I had to defend myself against the monsters." Nancy replied before walking out of the room and down the stairs. "I'll find an axe." Jonathan suggested as he followed her. "An axe? A real axe?" Karen asked with wide eyes. "Yes, Karen." Joyce replied and Karen sighed. "This is so unreal." Karen commented as she shook her head. "This is big, and real. This is as scary as anything and as dangerous too." Joyce told her. "I figured that." Karen agreed. "Are you sure you want to come with us?" Joyce asked. "Of couree, Joyce. My daughter and son are going inyo a literal war with monsters, apparently not the first time. So I am going." Karen replied and Joyce nodded. "Then let's prepare." Joyce commented.
     Eleven walked upstairs from the basement just as Nancy walked inside the front door, holding a big gun and a smaller gun was on her belt. "Hey, Eleven." Nancy greeted. "Hi." El greeted. "Are you okay?" Nancy asked. "Yes, just a lot on my mind." El replied and Nancy nodded. "I can understand that." Nancy agreed. "Preparing?" El asked and Nancy smirked. "You know it." Nancy agreed. "We're close at coming up with a solution down there." El told her and she smiled. "That's great!" Nancy exclaimed. "I just hope it'll work." El told her. "It'll work, because it's you." Nancy told her and Eleven smiled. "Thank you." El commented. "I think we've gotten too good at this." Nancy told her. "At fighting monsters?" El asked. "At all of it, especially the fighting monsters part." El replied and they both laughed. "Get some rest before we leave." Nancy told her and Eleven nodded. "I will." El agreed. Nancy walked back upstairs when Eleven thought she heard something. She stepped outside and took a look around, when someone grabbed her from behind.