Chapter 36: A Happy Ending!

1 Year Later!
    Everyone were in their formal wear as they watched Nancy in her wedding dress and Jonathon in his tuxedo. They just kissed and now everyone was enjoying cake. Mike walked up to Eleven. "Hey." El greeted. "Hey yourself." Mike greeted with a small smile. "That was a beautiful ceremony." El commented and he nodded. "It really was." Mike agreed. Eleven was looking around and looked nervous. "Are you alright?" Mike asked. "Yes." El replied. "El, you can talk to me." Mike told her and she sighed. "Usually, a year after defeating the monsters and the gates. It comes back. All over again." El replied and he sighed as he grabbed her hands in his. "Hey, El. It's over. You didn't just close the gate, you destroyed the whole Upside Down. We're safe. Forever." Mike told her and she nodded. "I know." El agreed. They leaned in and kissed passionately.
     Max walked up to Lucas. "A bit over the top for me, but beautiful nontheless." Max commented and Lucas laughed. "I've seen more over the top weddings than that in the past. I thought it was quite lovely." Lucas told her and she shrugged. "I want something simple when I get married." Max told him. "I'm okay with that." Lucas told her. "Maybe skateboard themed." Max suggested. "I'm not okay with that." Lucas told her. "Who says you'll be the one I marry?" Max asked. "I do." Lucas replied and she smirked. "I like it when you take charge." Max commented and he smiled as they leaned in and kissed.
     Dustin and Suzie walked over to the cake. Over half of it was already gone. Dustin sliced two pieces and put them on plates as they both dug in. "This cake ia delicious." Dustin commented and she nodde. "They obviously have good taste." Suzie agreed and Dustin smiled at her. "You can say that again." Dustin agreed as he kept starring at her. "What?" Suzie asked. "You're just.... Cute." Dustin replied. "Try adorable." Suzie commented and Dustin laughed. "Yes, you certainly are." Dustin agreed and she smiled as they hugged.
      Jonathan walked up to Nancy and kissed her passionately. "I'm so happy we're finally married and can start our life together." Jonathan told her and she grinned. "So am I." Nancy agreed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you." Jonathan told her with a smile. "And I love you. So much." Nancy told him and they kissed again when Joyce and Karen walked over to them. "Congratulations." Joyce commented as she hugged her son and Karen hugged her daughter. "I'm so happy for you." Karen told her as they pulled apart. "Thanks, mom." Nancy commented. "When are you going to have children?" Joyce asked as her and Karen both smirked. Nancy and Jonathon both stepped backwards and widened their eyes. "That is still quite a while away." Jonathon replied. "A long while away."  Nancy added and Jonathon nodded. "Exactly." Jonathon agreed as he pulled Nancy close to her and put his arm around her waist. "So, how's the new apartment coming along?" Karen asked. "Great, actually. We're finally all settled in, and now we just have to decorate and furnish it the way we want." Nancy replied. "Does that mean we can finally throw you a house warming party?" Joyce asked. Nancy and Jonathon smiled. "If you must." Nancy agreed. "About time." Karen commented and they all laughed. 
     Hopper walked up to Eleven with a smile. "How's the cake? Any good?" Hopper asked and Eleven smiled too. "Delicious. You should try it." El replied. "I think I will." Hopper agreed. He sliced a piece of cake and took a bite as he licked his lips. "You like it?" El asked. "I love it. You were right about the cake." Hopper replied and Eleven laughed. Eleven turned to face him. "Dad." El commented and he grinned. He loved hearing her call him that. "Yes?" Hopper asked. "Have you asked her yet?" El asked and Hopper sighed. "I have not." Hopper replied. "Why not? What are you waiting for?" El asked. "This is Jonathon and Nancy's day." Hopper replied. "I think you should just take her aside and ask her." El told her and he thought about it before nodding. "I think I will do that. Thank you, El." Hopper commented. "Anytime, dad." El agreed. He kissed her forehead and walked away. 
     Hopper walked up to Joyce; who was talking to Nancy, Jonathon, and Karen. "Hey." Hopper greeted. "Hey yourself." Joyce greeted as he kissed him on the lips. "Could we talk?" Hopper asked. "Of course." Joyce replied. He grabbed her hand and they walked outside of the area the wedding was being held. He turned to face her. "I'm not good at this sort of thing." Hopper told her. "At what sort of thing? Jim, what's going on?" Joyce asked. He pulled out an engagement ring from his jacket pocket and held it out as she gasped. "Joyce Byers. I love you and all I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" Hopper asked and she grinned. "Yes, Jim. I will." Joyce replied and he grinned too. He put the ring on her finger and they kissed passionately. 
      Eleven and Max were talking near the alter. "You ready for prom?" Max asked. "Yes. I'm going to have a lot of fun going with Mike." El replied and she smiled. "I'm not all too into dances, but I will love going with Lucas." Max told her. "Hopefully it'll be as fun as this wedding." El commented. "No, more fun." Max told her and they both smiled. "Come on, this isn't so bad." El commented and Max nodded. "Perhaps not." Max agreed as she looked around. Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will walked over to the girls. "What are you girls talking about?" Dustin asked. "Prom." El replied. "You're talking about prom?" Lucas asked with a smirk and arms crossed as he turned to his girlfriend. "And?" Max asked with a smile and Lucas shook his head as he turned away. "Nothing." Lucas replied. "What were you guys talking about?" El asked. "Our life before the Demigorgon kidnapped me, all those years ago." Will replied. "How things were so different." Mike added. "It's still so hard to believe." Lucas agreed just as Nancy and Jonathon walked over, holding hands. "What are you guys talking about?" Jonathan  asked. "How different things are. How much we've changed." Mike replied. "Look at us than and look at us now. Mike, Lucas, Will, and I were in Mike's basement playing Dungeons and Dragons until midnight every night. Nancy was your typical boy crazed teenage girl. Everyone thought Jonathan was a weird freak. Max was in California as she coped with her mean step brother, and Eleven was locked up in a Government facility." Dustin explained. "We have all changed from who we were then. That's for sure." Max agreed. "But I wouldn't change a thing." Nancy commented as he looked at Jonathan and they both smiled. "What now?" Will asked. "The Upside Down is  destroyed. We're free." El replied. "Thanks to you." Mike commented and Eleven smiled as she grabbed his hand in her's. "Free. I like the sound of that." Lucas commented. Everyone just smiled at that point. "Free." El commented.