Chapter 6: Best Friends!

Eleven sat in front of the TV. The TV was static and El had a blindfold on. El looked around the darkness. She kept walking around, not seeing anything. Her friends watched as El's nose was bleeding. "How does this work?" Suzie asked. "None of us are exactly sure, but we need to be quiet." Dustin replied and Suzie nodded. They all watched Eleven, and it was really quiet. "Do you see anything yet?" Mike asked. "No." El replied and he sighed. Max turned and looked at Mike. "El can do this." Max told him and he nodded. "I know, I have always believed in her." Mike agreed as he starred at his girlfriend. El took off the blindfold quickly and had tears in her eyes. Mike sat next to her and held her hand. "What happened?" Lucas asked. "He has already been freed, but he's not in America." El replied. "Where is he?" Suzie asked and Dustin gasped. "Russia. The Russians freed him, because they're not done yet." Dustin replied. "And, um. The Russians are watching us. I don't know. But they can't go to Hawkins, not yet. They're waiting." El told them. "Waiting for what?" Will asked. "Us. All of us. To be in Hawkins again. Together." El replied. They all looked on edge.
      It was the next day, and Joyce was making Thanksgiving dinner. Jonathan walked up to her. "Do you need help?" Jonathan asked and Joyce smiled. "That is very sweet, but you should hang out with Nancy while you can." Joyce replied and Jonathan nodded with a smile. "Thanks, mom." Jonathan commented. "No problem." Joyce agreed. Jonathan left the kitchen and walked up to the stairs. He saw Nancy leaving his room and smiled at her as she smiled back. "Is your mom making Thanksgiving dinner?" Nancy asked. "She is." Jonathan replied. "We should help." Nancy suggested. "I offered, but she said I should spend time with you while we can." Jonathan told her and Nancy smiled. "We can spend time together as we cook." Nancy told him. "Are you sure that's what you want?" Jonathan asked. Nancy walked up to him and put her hands around his neck as he put his hands around her waist. "I don't care what we do, I just care about being with you." Nancy replied and Jonathan grinned. "I love you, Nancy Wheeler." Jonathan commented. "And I love you, Jonathan Byers." Nancy commented.
      Eleven and Max got off the bus and starred at the mall. They decided that they needed some time alone, just the two of them. "Are you ready?" Max asked with a smile and Eleven laughed. "Yes." El replied. Max grabbed her hand and they ran inside. "Where should we go first?" Max asked. "Clothes." El replied. "Perfect." Max commented. They ran into a store and started looking at the clothes. El picked up a dress and smiled. Max picked up a shirt and showed Eleven. "Beautiful." El commented. "So is that dress." Max agreed as she pointed to the dress that El held. "I'm going to try it on." El told her. "I'll be right behind you, right after I find a pair of pants to match." Max told her and she nodded. "Okay." El agreed.
     Eleven had tried on a dress and Max had tried on a shirt and shorts. "Very nice." El commented and Max smiled. "So do you." Max agreed. They both changed back into their original outfits and bought their new outfits. Then they left the store and looke around some more. After they bought some outfits and some jewelry, they walked to the food court. "What should we get?" El asked. "I'm in the mood for pizza." Max replied and El smiled. "Pizza sounds good." El agreed. "I'll order, and you find us a seat." Max told her and she nodded. "Okay." El agreed. El sat down as Max walked away.
      Mike walked up to Will. "Are you alright?" Mike asked. "Yeah." Will replied. Mike smiled as they sat down on the edge of Will's bed. "I just want this to end." Mike commented and Will Will sighed. "If you could, would you go back in time and stop all of this from ever happening?" Will asked and Mike shook his head. "No." Mike replied. "Why not?" Will asked. "Because the first day of your disappearance, there was a storm. Lucas, Dustin, and I went to search for you. Then that's when we saw her, Eleven, just standing there. She had just escaped from Dr. Brenner, and we took her back to my basement. The Monster killed Dr. Brenner, setting El free. If none of this ever happened, I never would have met El and Dr. Brenner would have found her and Imprisoned her again. Yes, I want it to be over. But no, I do not wish it never happened." Mike replied and Will smiled.
     Nancy and Jonathon were making Thanksgiving dinner. Joyce was in the shower. "The Turkey's almost done." Nancy told him as he finished setting up the table. "Then we can finish making the sides." Jonathan commented and Nancy nodded. Jonathin started finishing to the mashed paptatos and Nancy checked on the rolls. Jonathan then turned and took the stuffing out and put in a bowl and set on the table. Then he did the same with the mashed potatoes. Nancy put the rolls on the table as well. Joyce walked downstairs and smiled. "It smells delicious, you guys did an amazing job." Joyce commented and they smiled. "Thank you." Nancy commented and Joyce nodded. "I can finish the turkey, I need you guys to pick up Eleven and Max from the mall." Joyce told them. "Okay. Do they know we're coming?" Jonathan asked. "Yes, I just got off the phone with Eleven." Joyce replied. "Okay, be back soon." Jonathan told her. Joyce watched as they left.
      Eleven and Max were walking in the mall. "We're almost to the entrance, right?" El asked and Max smiled. "Yeah, I seee it now." Max replied as she pointed to it and El nodded. "Great." El commented. They both walked to it and walked out. "Do you see Nancy and Jonathon?" Max asked and El shook her head. "No." El replied. "Hey! Over here!" Jonathan called. They looked over and saw Jonathon in the drivers side and Nancy in thr passenger. They ran to them and got into the back. "Thanks." El commented. "No problem." Nancy agreed. Jonathan started the car and they drove away.
      Thanksgiving was over and it was almost time for them to go back home. El walked up to Mike. "Are you still mad at me?" El asked and Mike smiled. "No, I can't stay mad at you." Mike replied and El smiled. "Good." El commented. "I love you." Mike told her. "I love you too." El agreed. They leaned in and kissed as everyone joined them on the porch. Jonathan took Nancy's hand and walked a little away from everyone else. "I'm going to miss you." Jonathan told her and she smiled. "I'm going to miss you too." Nancy agreed. "Until Christmas." Jonathan commented. "Until Christmas." Nancy agreed. They leaned in and kissed. "Everyone ready?" Joyce asked. "Yeah." Dustin replied. Nancy, Mike, Max, Lucas, Dustin, and Suzie all got into the car as Eleven, Jonathan, and Will waved at them. They all waved back as Joyce drove away.