Happy never after

The crystal gems were starting to get on Steven's nerves more and more. And so by now, Steven's considerably drained. Yes, of course he's been depressed and such, but they only want to help. He knows bottling up his feelings isn't the best way to cope. But it's just, hard.

"Heyyy Steve-man, how've ya been?" Amethyst tramples in all joyful. Steven only responds with a grunt.

"Eeeeee.. not a great question to ask.- Anyway, I've been meaning to tell you this, and I know it's hard loosing a buddy; but. .. Man, I miss you."

"Amethyst...." Steven replies softly, he's not spoken for a bit, so making this sacrifice pains him.

"Y-ya , man?" Amethyst begins feeling like she's actually getting somewhere with this. He's finally spoken! Amethyst thinks about possible prying more, but then interrupting that thought, Steven says;

"Go away.. I wanna be alone." Prying wasn't going to work either.

"Alright dude, we're worried about you. Love you.." And with a sigh, Amethyst departs once more. Leaving Steven to slumber softly.

The twinkling of florescent lights and a 'fluuuuuboboboo' sound welcomed Spinel to the crystal gem's domain. With ease and grace, she carefully descends to the floor. It's been some time since she... . well the last time she came to Earth in hopes of destroying it, so. We don't speak of that. She tippy-toes off the warp and looks around.Taking in the scenery and furnishings. The room looking similar to hers, but more vibrant and lively-ish. She loves it a lot, but this feeling is interrupted by her trauma coming back. Giving her a slap to the face. She hears a shuffling motion in the distance, changing her fixation to now see a little ball of fluff resting on a pillow. Interesting.. The wording on the pillow, however doesn't make much sense to her, seeing as Spinel is unable to read. Spinel walks towards the fluff ball and puts her hand on what's presumably the top of its head? We don't really know. The fluff jerks its head around in retaliation, ready to attackhiyabooya at any moment. After this sudden moment of questioning, the fluff is able to look up at the owner of this strange hand. He nuzzles his snout across her hand. Seemingly like he already knew she's here to help Steven. He's always understood everything, even though he's a lion. That's right, pink ball of fluff's Lion. I bet you didn't see that one coming.-Spinel giggles, giving his ear a small scratch. Thinking to herself, 'this ball of fluff's rather cute.' Because Lion's adorable, obviously. She lifts herself up from the crouching position she was in and takes one last look around the room.

"Hm, I see the door over there..,, but I don't really know where else to go after that...." A confused Spinel then staring Lion right smack into his eyeballs.

"Could ya help me?.." she queries politely.

The animal(Lion>:o) yawns in response, swiftly rising back up to his feet before stretching a bit. He then shakes around, proceeding to walk toward the door when suddenly someone stops him before he can go through. He turns around slightly to figure out where all the funny business is coming from. It's Spinel! She's now right next to him. Hoping to hitch a ride. She lays a hand on his mane, stroking the locks out of pure reflex. She's used to holding other's hands all the time, but this tHiNg has no hands. So she in turn settles for grasping his pubic hair, for all she knows instead. The fluffdoodanimal seems to be okay with it though, Spinel's in the clear. He proceeds to take her up to the house. Upon approaching it, she takes her hand away from Lion's mane and opens the door. Lion walks in before her, just in case. She looks around once inside. Some things have changed, but not many. She takes a few glances around, until she sees Garnet stepping out a door way opposite of her. "Good, you're here !! I'm so glad, let's get to talking." Garnet leads her over to the couch to sit. Lion following behind Spinel. He lies by Spinel and she begins to give him head pats once more. Garnet starts; she had already explained what Steven's going through, but understandably wants Spinel to understand as clearly as possible. And of course, in a bit of time she comprehends perfectly fine.

"Okayokay, good! I think it's okay if you go and visit him now." Garnet finishes her final thought, then offering an open invitation.

"Uh, sureeee.- I think I'm okay." Spinel stands up with confidence. She's ready. Finally, Spinel heads off to go see Steven.