Crying Breakfast Friends

The steaming water trickles down Steven's back, he hasn't felt this sensation for a while. It has been THREE MONTHS after all.(dam stinky boyo-) He begins to wash himself. While cleaning his hoT boD, a distant memory is recollected.

"Hey, Steven, you don't mind if I take a quick shower, do ya?" He turns around, it's Connie. They were playing around, splashing each other in the ocean's waves for a bit. After the whole Spinel incident. .

"Ohhh,, uhh, yeah sure." He squeaks while blushing.

Connie steps out of the water walking through the sand back to the house. The grainy sand caressing her feet. Steven doess know better than to follow her.. but he does anYw ays.. She look back shooting him a quick smile and wave before disappearing from view.

Steven follows right after her. He waits until she gets inside the house to dry off and such. The last thing he wants is for her to catch a cold.. After he had dried off as well, he decides going to grab some water's a good idea. As he walks back into his home, he sees her. Connie had finished her shower, she's wearing a towel around her waist. But, still. This is enough to make Steven blush a bright, crimson red.

"Oh- Steven! sorry-" she blushes as well. He just stands there, like a confused, pubescent, young boy. Which he was.

"O-oh! Sorry, m-my bad!" He turns back around, his back facing towards her. He purses his lips.

"Heh, it's fine Steven- it's my fault anyway..." Connie says suggestively, walking back into the bathroom.

Steven's finally brought back to reality. His eyes start filling up with tears. At first, he thinks this is maybe because of the hot water, but it's actually because of Connie. . He lays down in a fetal position on the bathroom floor, still soaked from the shower. He cries painfully.

Spinel looks around the house, Lion trailing behind her, then walking over to the couch. Deciding to get some rest. He's content now, since Steven's now up and out of his room. Spinel makes her way over to the counter. Her pink orb companions lay out on a book. Of course, she can't read, but the pretty flower illustrations adorning the book catch her eye. They look the same, as the flowers from the garden. She smiles to herself before Steven opens the door. He's wearing something different, this time a black shirt with his signature yellow star instead of his blue shirt. Emo much. She pivots her head to see him.

"Hey, you're done."

"Yeah." Spinel takes a better look at him. His eyes seem puffier, and more red.

"Hey...did ya ..cry?" she asks cautiously.

"Um...maybe." He glances at the floor, ashamed of having cried again.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just.. Every time I do something, I'm reminded of her. Everything I ever did was for her. I'd think about her all the time. I've done so much, with her. I just-..." he trails off.

"Wanna stop it? Spinel interjects, Steven looks up at her. She understands what he means. She knew what he was going to say.

"Alrighty then, let's get to baking!" Spinel changes the subject.

"Oh uh, right. We should make something for breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

"It's what the first meal of the day's called. It's very important." he adds before walking towards her. He begins laying some ingredients out on the counter.

"We can make some pancakes!" he exclaims, trying to seem excited. He takes out a pancake mix. Obviously, because pancakes.

"Ohh.. I don't think I've ever had those before. Or anything like that, to be honest..."

"Heh, when.. I reset you that one time, you ate heaps of doughnuts." he chuckles at the memory.

"Oh, really? I don't think Iiii- remembe-" she cuts herself off, winking at him. This makes his chuckle turn into hard-core laughing. Good, he's starting to laugh again! :3

After they've finished making breakfast, they inhale their lovely concoction.

Spinel takes one bite, only one. And she goes stary-eyed.

"WOwIe ,,this is amazing!!!" she gleams as if she had just consumed drugs or somethi-

"Glad you like it! I haven't made pancakes for awhile." he smiles slightly, getting a but sad again. Only before Spinel hyper as she is, puts her hand on top of his.

"Could you...teach me?" she asks him, gleaming with excitement.

"Oh...uhhh. Yeah, why not." he blushes. Forgetting why he was even sad in the first place once again. This being a good thing, he was in much need of a break.

He teach her how to make pancakes, first of all. They then attempt to bake a cake and cupcakes, just for the fun of it. After all of that's done, they enjoy the food they've now made yet again. Spinel doesn't love these things as much, but they're still edibleobviously..

She's still happy, nevertheless. They have some left overs afterwards, so they leave them out sitting prettily on a plate. They'll come back to the kitchen for them later.