Eight - Lawless

The next day I somehow ran into Lawless while he was on his way to one of Licht's performances. He offered me an extra ticket and I didn't disagree, going with him.

I sat beside Lawless in the front row, watching Licht play the piano. I was so distracted by it I almost didn't notice every single person sitting in the audience stand up with weapons.

"You might want to stay out of the way, Little Sister," Lawless told me.

"I don't get to fight? How boring"

I got up and jumped on the stage, sitting on the edge of it. Lawless remained where he was, not turning as he spoke to the audience.

"I thought you'd come today if you were targeting me, but I didn't think it'd be the entire audience. Not yet. I'm still in the middle of playing with Angel!" Lawless said, standing up, making an epée appear in his hand.

He easily killed all the subclass belonging to Tsubaki. A subclass was a dying person brought back to life by a Servamp, and they practically belonged to said Servamp. The fight was almost beautiful, with the music behind the sound of clashing weapons.

"Bravo! Bravo!" Lawless said as Licht finished, clapping. "Huh? You're late, Brother. The first song just finished!"

I looked up and saw Mahiru and Kuro standing at the entrance of the hall we were in. Mahiru was shocked at all the dead bodies and blood all over the place.

"All of them were vampires!? The two of you took care of this many!?" Mahiru asked, then he saw me. "Usagi, you're here too? Did you help?"

"No, no, just me!" Lawless answered. "A few of them got away, though"

"You're being too noisy during my performance, rotten hedgehog," Licht said, standing up and putting down the cover of the piano. "I'll kill you"

"I was just cleaning up the ill mannered guests. Where's my thank you?"

"Die!"

Licht jumped on him but he dodged and kicked Licht into the wall. But he was okay, Eves were stronger than normal humans.

I jumped down from the stage and went over to Lawless. "Your greed knows no bounds. How many lives do you have to take until it'll be enough?"

"Come on, Cheer, let me see a smile," he said with a smile. "Those were all subclasses, no one important"

I smiled mockingly. "I'm not talking about the subclasses," I whispered harshly. "I'm talking about your Eves"

"My Eves are my business!"

He threw me up into the stage, making me crash into the piano. When I looked up I saw Mahiru go flying to the back of the hall, but Kuro ran in between him and the wall before he hit it. I pulled myself out of the broken pieces of the piano and heard Lawless start telling a story.

"A long time ago, in a certain place, there were seven vampire siblings. There, a single letter came. It was a letter from the neutral C3. And the order written on it. Kill a certain person. Now, the vampires argued! They decided to do a majority vote. Greed, Gluttony, and Wrath were against it. We shouldn't kill him! Pride, Envy, and Lust were for it. We should be the ones to kill him!"

I looked back at Mahiru and Kuro and saw a darkness start to surround Kuro. He looked angry, his head down low, his hands balled in fists.

"Well, then. It was three against three! Then what did the last person, the eldest sibling Sloth, decide? This is what he said in a lazy voice," he stopped when Kuro stomped his foot, getting angrier. "This story is something you don't want him to know that badly?" He asked with a laugh. "Sleep no more! He does murder sleep! My poor Big Brother, who will never find peace! Like that, you all want to forget! That's what I hate most of all!"

I ran from the stage as Kuro and Lawless started to fight on the stage. I met up with Mahiru in the aisle. He was watching, wondering what to do, but then Licht jumped in between the two fighting.

"You demons! Hey, I told you to shut up!"

He jumped on Lawless, then he took Mahiru's broom, bending it in half then throwing it at Kuro. It trapped him against the wall like a staple. Mahiru went down a couple steps, closer to the stage.

"You are all too noisy!" Licht said angrily. "Right now, the only thing allowed is to listen to my piano"

I looked down after hearing a faint whimper and saw a terrified, young subclass. I knew what I was about to do was wrong but I couldn't just leave him there. After a quick glance at the others, making sure they were all distracted with Licht's piano playing, I pulled him up and shoved him up the stairs.

"Go," I whispered.

He ran through one set of doors and while he did a man with long braided hair in a suit ran through the other set. A giant whale was beside him. The whale went to the stage and stopped Licht and Lawless from killing each other.

"Ouch! Jeez! Even though you're my subclass!" Lawless complained.

"I'll kill you," Licht said.

Lawless walked out of the hall, looking bored now that the fighting was all over, and then the braided man introduced himself. He was Licht's manager, Kranz, and the whale was their mascot. The whale was also Lawless' subclass, Guildenstern or Gill.

"We will also help. Licht's piano is a treasure of humanity. It is my job to protect it and spread it through the world!"

"Kranz, don't decide things on your own," Licht said.

"He says that, but I will convince him"

"Thank you very much!" Mahiru said.

We left the hall but the boy I told to go earlier was still outside the door, sitting against the wall, looking scared and weak. Mahiru looked shocked but I stepped in front of the boy defensively.

"I found him hiding in the seats"

"My name is Lilac. Thank you from saving me from
Greed," he said to me.

"We can't just let him go," Mahiru told me.

"Then take him with you," I say.

"What about you? Where are you going?" He questioned.

"Just for a walk," I assure him with a closed eye smile. "I'll meet up with you all in about an hour"

I wandered around the building's halls, catching glimpses of different pieces being practiced in different rooms on an assortment of instruments. I paused when I saw a single raindrop fall in front of my face.

"Sister, it's time we have a chat"