Nine - Shamrock & Higane

I was led outside then back inside to an elevator and brought up to a high floor. I couldn't tell where I was though because he had thrown a blindfold over my eyes.

I was pushed down onto a seat when we finally made it wherever we were going. I took off my blindfold and saw a plate full of food set out on the table in between where Tsubaki and I were sitting across from each other.

"Help yourself," he told me.

I did. I knew I was probably going to be here a while, and this was better than being tied up and tortured for hours until I was knocked unconscious.

"We lived under the same circumstances at the same time, yet we never met. Not even afterwards. But I heard about you from the lab coats. The complete opposite of me in power. The two youngest Servamps, not a true part of the rest of the family"

"Yeah. So?"

"Why don't you join me?"

"I don't even know why you bother asking. It's going to be a no"

"I thought so. Well, don't think you'll be leaving anytime soon"

I stood up and two men appeared, both looking ready to fight. There was a white haired man with an eyepatch. Tsubaki told me this was Shamrock. And there was a man with long red hair and a cigarette in his mouth. That was Higan, Tsubaki's 2nd in command.

I jumped and tried kicking the two of them at once. I managed to hit them and send them flying back into the wall. Shamrock looked angry, but Higan was smirking when he stepped out of the wall.

Higan made flames grow all around me, trapping and burning me. I fell to my knees, unable to take the heat and weak from the burns. But once the fire was gone I stood up.

"They thought you'd get weaker once they wounded you. But I know that's not how it works for us Eve-less Servamps. You don't want to anger these two, so keep yourself in line, okay?" Tsubaki suggested with a smile. "Now, stay quiet, I have a phone call to make"

Tsubaki pulled out his phone, putting it on speakerphone. Misono was the one who answered, but I didn't know that until he spoke.

"Oh, hello? Did you pick up that cellphone for me?" Tsubaki asked. "I'm a family member of the owner. Thank you very much. Higan, it looks like someone found it, after all"

"Oh, thank goodness," Higan said.

"You should thank them"

"You're right, well what do you...?"

"How about a trade?" Misono asked. "For the two people of Greed and Usagi you bastards took"

Tsubaki stopped with the food he was eating as it was halfway to his mouth. It dropped from his hand as he stared wide eyed. Then he started laughing.

"Not interesting at all. Hey, you're the Eve of Lust, right? That's an awfully expensive phone for a trade like that"

"We have one of your subclass here. We'd like a trade. Don't hurt the two people of Greed or Usagi any further"

Tsubaki laughed again, an evil look on his face as he hissed into the phone. "You say some uninteresting things!"

"We'll set up the trade and call with this phone again..."

"I see. Then, we won't hurt the two of Greed, but who knows if we'll let them stay together"

"What about Usagi?"

"She... will not be a part of the deal"

"But-"

"Well, I'm going to sleep now so don't call me until late afternoon. Oh, and the strap on that cellphone is handmade so don't break it. That's what Higan said"

"Enough! Usagi is-"

"That's how it will be"

With that Tsubaki hung up.

"What a problem," Higan said with a sheepish chuckle.

"Higan! That was a mistake that deserves hara kiri!" Shamrock scolded him. "As punishment! Why is a man like this the number two? Not me?"

"Huh?! I thought it smelled like old man in here!" Belkia said, walking in wearing his night cap and pyjamas.

"Hey, that's hurtful to an old man like me," Higan said.

I sighed and slid lower into the chair. "Is this really the group you chose to be by your side?"

"They may seem ineffective, but they're powerful," Tsubaki told me as he stood up, walking over to me. He stopped behind my chair and whispered. "We are the same, wether you want to believe or not. Wouldn't it be right for you to join me?"

"No"

"You will"

I was left alone in the room, everyone else leaving. Until Sakuya walked in with the bored look he normally wore on his face.

"It's been a while, Sakuya," I said, watching him walk over and sit on the ledge of the window.

"You aren't going to try to escape?" He asks. "You could jump out the window"

"If I run the problem is only going to get worst. I need to make sure Lawless and Licht are safe first. Then I'll decide what I do next"

"You're a weird girl"

I giggled. "You always called me that. And you never understood the way I thought. I'm not one of those fend for myself kind of people, doing whatever I have to to get my way. I'll do whatever I can to save people"

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Because it's the only thing I know"

He stood up and started walking away. "Anyway, I'm off to kill your friends"