Eleven - Teacher

"Where is Hugh?" Tetsu asked as Tsubaki was walking away.

"Oh. Belkia's special skill," Tsubaki said, stopping in his tracks. "It's a magic trick that teleports someone trapped in the box to its pair. I had him send me the Servamp of Pride that way. Isn't disappearing magic the basics of a magic show?"

"Tsubaki, what are you trying to do?" Mahiru asked.

"I want to respond to Teacher's expectations. Teacher wants me to clean up after him. This messy world he left behind," he walked closer to us, flower petals dripping from his sleeve. "I'm an instrument. I'm a method. I'm the only way to kill a Servamp. Things like bonds and trust have no meaning to me, Melancholy"

Tsubaki threw the dog tag up in the air, his sword appearing in his hand, then he sliced it in half when it fell in front of him.

"No!" Hyde shouted.

Smoke poured from Hyde's mouth and it surrounded us. His power was draining. I was blinded, only able to hear the clashing of two swords and Tsubaki speaking to Kuro.

"Move, Big Brother Sloth! I can't kill my Big Brother! I have to cut his head off. It has to drop like a fading Camellia flower"

"You are a really troublesome hidden child," Kuro said.

"You'll accept it? That I'm your Little Brother?"

"I have to. He's the only one who could make a monster like this"

"My teacher, who you murdered. I searched for you, Black Lion. You're the one who killed Teacher, aren't you? There is something I wanted to ask you. Tell me. You were the only one who could have heard them. The last words of my teacher"

"I didn't speak with him in the end"

"Nothing at all? Since I was born, Teacher had never met with any of the Servamps. The only one he ever met with was you, the Black Lion who killed him. So he didn't tell you a thing. No, perhaps you didn't listen to his words"

"Well, either way, the result is the same"

"Oh. But... I see. As I thought, I was the only one Teacher had expectations of"

"What was he planning to do by making you the eighth?"

"You're asking me!? You should have asked him yourself! Why didn't you ask!?"

"I know. I realize that I was wrong. That's why I can't step back from here. I have to face you head on. We shouldn't be conversing with weapons... but with words"

"Since our basic stance isn't the same we won't be able to agree on anything. You killed Teacher without having a proper conversation, right? You should do the same with me!"

"I'm changing my ways because I regret what I did!"

Finally finding where they were, I jumped in between Kuro and Tsubaki, my back to Kuro, keeping Tsubaki from killing him. But I jumped in when Tsubaki was lunging for Kuro, and he ended up impaling me, his sword going through my stomach.

"The eighth and ninth. The destruction and the creation of Servamps!" I yell over the wind and through the pain. "What was he planning? He wanted an even balance"

"An even balance? Ha! I was wrong, you don't deserve to work with me. You deserve to die!"

He twisted the sword in my stomach then yanked it out. I fell to the ground and he kicked me out of the way.

There was a sudden silence, but then there was an explosion. I couldn't see what was happening but I could hear all the chaos going on outside as well as Tsubaki's evil laughter.

I coughed, blood spilling from my mouth.

There was another explosion, but it wasn't like the one before. The building shook, causing some rubble to fall on me, I nearly got crushed but managed to roll out of the way in time.

"Please be alright, Mahiru," I mumbled.

From the corner of my eye I saw the mad dogs of C3 running into the building, over to me. One of them picked me up and raced out of the building with me. They put me in an ambulance where they immediately started to work on my wound.

I ended up passing out.

"Mahiru?" I asked, looking around the closet we were in.

I was still bleeding from my stomach and unable to move. His arms were around me, keeping me pressed safely against him.

"I'll keep you safe," he whispered.

"From what?" I whispered back.

I saw some light flood in through the closet door, a shadow in the doorway. His arms tightened around me as we saw Tsubaki standing there.

"I won't let you have her"

When I woke up I was with Mahiru in his apartment. I sat straight up, screaming in pain when I forgot I had been wounded. He quickly but carefully pushed me back down so I was laying on the bed again.

"So, this Teacher Tsubaki was talking about..."

"The creator of the Servamps. Maybe some other time I'll explain it all to you, but right now talking is hurting my stomach"

The day after that I had healed a lot more. The wound was still there but I could move without being in so much pain I was screaming.

Mahiru came into my room, putting the tray of food he had on the bedside table. Then he sat beside me as I sat up so I could eat.

"How are you feeling?"

"Excited to eat, your cooking always tastes amazing"

"Thanks. There's, something I wanted to tell you"

"Go ahead," I told him, wanting to hear it before I started to eat.

"I like you"

He looked over at me with a blush and when I turned to look at him he kissed me. My eyes widened and I tended up. But when he pulled away I relaxed, the both of us with blushes on our cheeks. Then we started to laugh.

"I've liked you ever since we were young"

"What about when you learned that I was a Servamp?" I ask.

"I didn't like you so much then, but I couldn't stay mad at you"