6|Crowded World

Jack got another 30 minutes of sleep.

He wobbled himself out of his tiny bed and went to take a shower.

He showered for a good 10 minutes, then tied the messy curls into a bun. He didn't feel like dealing with it today.

He dressed in a white over-sized sweatshirt, denim jeans, with white slides.

He tiredly grabbed his backpack, and hoodie as he went out the door. He didn't feel like a morning person today.

He just wanted to finish that shift, go home, and sleep.

He never really complained about his sleep habits or schedule- because he needed that money. He was barley getting by as it was.

Jack sighed as he stepped outside and, the cool air hit his face.

He heard the bus wheels screech as they pulled up. Jack walked to the bus, handed the guy a few singles then sat down.

Damn, it's crowded today, He thought bitterly.

Why am I so angry? It's just another morning, He thought shaking his head, I need to calm down.

He took a deep breathe then let it out.

He could do it.

Just another day, and he knew he'd feel better when he saw Zach's cheery face.

After a long patient ride, he made it to work early.

He saw how crowded it was.

Crowded bus, crowded restaurant, crowded world.

Jack walked in and saw people chatting, 2 empty booths, the island infront of the kitchen unit was filled. Waiters running around, then his best friend walked out from the back.

"Hey Jack, morning buddy." Zach smiled.

"Hey, Z. How was your night?" Jack smiled noticing his shift didn't start for another 5 minutes.

"Eh, I chewed Daniel out. He's been working late shifts and I don't like it. What business does he have working doubles? He works doubles but I don't see his checks coming in thicker, so he's either: taking the money out and putting it aside in a separate account- which he isn't allowed to fuckin' do, or he's not working doubles and fuckin' around."

Jack wanted to sing like a damn bird. He wanted Zach to lay off, Daniel because the man wanted to be his husband.

Daniel was an open man, but secrets have exceptions.

"Are you implying you think, Daniel's cheating on you? You're fighting with him because you suspect there's someone else?" Jack sighed, obviously playing dumb.

"Oh for sure. His ass doesn't have any business not coming home after work. He's supposedly pulling 21 hours of work- I don't see 21 hours of work, checks. He's lying." Zach scoffed.

Jack sighed loudly looking at Zach. He wasn't going to give out this secret.

Jack put a hand on his shoulder, and smiled weakly.

"Do you love him?"

"More than life itself," Zach nodded.

"Then trust him."

Zach sighed then nodded. He smiled as he looked up at Jack.

"You're right. If I love him, I need to trust him." Zach agreed with a loud airy sigh putting his head down, as Jack gave him a side hug.

"I'm always right," Jack giggled as they walked back out to start their shifts.

Jack went to the back kitchen to see if any orders were ready.