Chapter 23

*camera click*

The high shriek of the wind sounded through the night, one that was surrounded by darkness with the only signs of light being the dull stars above the city. The moon was completely covered by the grey clouds that forecasted rain the next day.

The humming of gears and switches softly blended within the shrieks of the wind, two figures surrounded by people coming into view. The two close together, a boy and a girl no older than sixteen.

The winds cries overpowered those of the young boy, his mouth opening as if to communicate to those around him as his head turned from side to side. Tears streamed from his eyes, but his cries were futile. No one heard them. He was crying out to the terrible wind.

The girl lay shaking in the boys arms which clung to the girl with the little strength the boy had. Worry written all over his face, and even the mask that covered most of his face that had hid his identity from the citizens for so long,couldn't hide the emotions that weld up inside him.

Within an instant green sparks surrounded the masked boy known by the people watching as Chat Noir, the notorious superhero who dedicated himself to protecting Paris. Along with Ladybug who too dedicated herself to stopping anyone who endangered the citizens. The two were known as an undefeated duo.

Yet here lay the two, their long awaited identities being revealed, but no one was excited, no anticipated glances were thrown towards the two as blue sparks surrounded the girl who lay in her partners arms.

As soon as the Sparks had appeared they vanished. First unveiling Chat Noir who was now replaced by a normal school boy. A small black cat-like creature collapsing onto the boy's lap. The boys golden locks recognized by everyone who watched. His green eyes which were focused on the person who lay in his arms, were no exception.

The identity of the superhero was now known to all those around, no one could mistake him. After all he was well known in his real form. The famous fashion model and son of the greatest fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, he was none other than Adrien Agreste.

No one stood dumb founded in that moment no thoughts were even on the identities of the two. Not one person was focused on this, instead all stood watching, waiting to see what lay behind the blue sparks.

No, not because they wanted to know the identity of the other superhero. No, they all stood watching so they could determine for their own eyes what the outcome for the hero would be.

They had all watched her collapse, all seen how their idol, one of their symbols of hope crumbled to the floor, blood pooling from her body. The girl's wounds not being healed unlike her partners, but instead staying on her as if stuck by some strong glue.

None of them wanted what they had seen to be true. They all secretly hoped that when the blue cleared their symbol would be standing strong before them. Words of gratitude, encouragement and relief echoing from her mouth as she would tell them that all was fine, Hawkmoth was defeated and that even though their identities were out they would keep on protecting Paris like normal.

But, as the blue cleared up to reveal their hero, those around were not met by a standing hero, but a broken girl who still lay struggling in her partners arms. The girl's dark blue buns drooped down, the girl's blue eyes opening and closing rapidly. A small red blob falling besides her. The cat creature slowly flew towards the blob.

Silence followed as all around the citizens stared, the silence suddenly being broken by multiple cries of disbelief, as many 'no's' and mumbles of 'it can't be true' were silenced by the wind. As everyone looked at the girl who lay in the boy's arms. Someone who was well known by the citizens.