~1~

Toothless' POV

It probably seems as if I'm sleeping on the rock only a few meters away from them but I'm actually spying on them while they blindly converse. Astrid and Hiccup, admiring every feature of him. His gorgeous emerald eyes, small shape, and practically straight, chestnut-colored hair flowing through the wind. But I only wish I could hold him like a being, caress his soft cheek in my hands and kiss him until oxygen goes extinct. And I don't know long I've felt like this, with these...strange thoughts of him. I know and fully understand that he's my owner but I can't seem to even imagine a life without him. He's so, so...perfect. But I know that with the scaly skin I have and sharp teeth that I apply to eat food I am incompatible with someone like Hiccup. And anytime soon, he might marry her. Astrid. I never did seem to like her, ever since that first encounter. And if I could have, on that day, thrown her off my back I would ha-

"Toothless! Come here bud!" I hear him yell from afar for my presence.

Rushing to arise from my mid-day nap I jump off of that rock and run to my beloved.

And when I've made it to him he scratches under my chin, getting me to roll over in response to the affection.

"You like that don't you buddy??" He teases.

Yes, yes I do. But, unable to verbally get those words across to him I raise my head to lick his face, knowing he absolutely HATES it.

"Agh!! Toothless, you know you're not supposed to do that!!!" He scolds, but I gurgle back, internally laughing at his cute reaction. Of course, it not being the first.

"Looks like we best be getting home," Astrid comments, already seated on her dragon as she begins to take off to Berk.

"Yeah, alright, come on Toothless." I didn't even notice it was that time of day already, the sun slowly retreating under the Earth's surface as Hiccup gets on my back.

---

"Oh Toothless, I don't know what I'm gonna do about Astrid, she likes me but I don't like her like she wants me to like her. And everyone's pressuring a wedding!" Hiccup rants to me like one of our usual nights, his concerned face only bringing sadness to my eyes. And the nightmares begin: What if they DO get married though? I certainly don't want that, and neither does he. If only I had the ability to turn into a human and claim him before she even lays a nail on him if I could just convert from this unbearable skin to something like his, if only.

Before I even realize I'm done dreading the endless possibilities of him having a life with me, I catch his gaze on me. I raise my head and tilt it in a questioning position as he only gets closer. Kneeling down to my height Hiccup holds my face, if you even want to consider it that, and kisses my nose, only feeding my lust and need for him.

"Good night, bud." He whispers with that soft voice of his as I close my eyes and give in to sleep.