~2~

Hiccup's POV

The morning ray of light shines practically all over my face, bringing me back to reality as I rub my eyes awake.

"Good morning Tooth-" I stop midsentence, my head facing the direction of an unrecognizable body in the room. But, he's on Toothless' bed? That's rather odd. Curiosity gets the best of me, as usual, and I cautiously make my way towards it, sorry, HIM.

Although as his body comes into view, it becomes even more evident that he's naked, only getting my face to flush a crimson red in return.

Ok, ok, ok, hold on a second.

I reach for one of my bedsheets and carefully set it over his muscular body, the v-line not visible by the time I cover the lower half of his body. But I don't move away, instead, I capture his features as an expensive camera and stain them into my brain: His sharp, Jet black hair, pale skin with scale tattoos on his cheekbones and shoulders, thick eyebrows, and a decent nose. Almost cute in fact, No, Hiccup. Don't think such things from a stranger. STOP.

"Hmm," The man groans, shifting his arms over his chest now, but just when I thought he would go back to sleep...his eyes (color) eyes meet mine. And their soft and welcoming as he smiles adorably before I rush to back away. My heart rate speeding so fast it should be rewarded a ticket, even if it's not a vehicle.

"What?"

He spoke. He. SPOKE.

"W-who are you supposed to be?" I manage to squeak out.

"What do you mean? I'm," he raises his hands, stimulating reaching out to me when he realizes they even exist, but instead of fear, there's excitement in his voice as he calls out to me. "Hiccup! Hiccup I'm, I'm a HUMAN!" He celebrates while feeling around his arms and chest, almost as if searching for the skin that's already on him.

So there's a ludicrous man in my house? That's just great.

"Who ARE you?!" I demand, clearly afraid, no, terrified of what this man could be capable of. What if he has a weapon?

"Hiccup, it's me. Toothless." He calms down, getting up from the ground, only granting the sheet freedom as he's exposed right in front of me.

"Ah! Cover yourself!!" I scold him as I shield my eyes from the beauty in front of me. But not being quite as obedient as I expected, especially to the future chief of Berk, "Toothless" takes my wrists in his hands and lowers them. And being the weaker one within the situation, I obey.

"Hiccup," He whispers, "it's me."

Practically hyperventilating I throw a pop-quiz question at him, "If you really say who you are, then-then prove it!"

He doesn't respond, instead, he holds my face in his larger hands and brings his face closer. I shut my eyes, fearing that this man might rape me any second, but instead, he kisses my nose.

Not comprehending the action, I ask, "What is that supposed-"

"You kissed me goodnight last night Hiccup. One of the very few things you do only when you're worried sick like yesterday. But because I listened to you last night I can say that you don't want to get married to someone that you don't like like she wants you to like her, I think?"

Too shocked to even find words to describe the miracle in front of me, I look away, now only (quite literally) facing the last matter in hand. But my timidness gets the best of me and I cover my mouth with both hands, and look anywhere but down at his...well, that.

"What now?" He asks, clearly unaware. But then again, he's never been human until now.

"Um...well, y-you're naked," I whisper, my face only gaining more color.

"OH! Shit, you're right, sorry," He rushes away to one of my cabinets not too distant and hurridly attempts to put on a shirt, the pants being of no trouble. But hey!- not like I was staring, right?

Soon enough, he gives up, the clothing just on his neck, "Um, Hiccup, a little help. Please?"

Finding it impossibly cute I giggle, getting off the floor to assist this poor man. But even after we get his arms through he continues staring at me and I only find it hard to not stare back as he opens his lips, wanting to say something but having an excuse for it instead.

"What's wrong Toothless?" I finally break the silence, searching for something in his eyes, the conundrum that won't seem to leave his gaze as it lowers.

"No, nothing, just," He looks back up at me, brushing a strand of hair away from my face and lifting my head just a tad higher so he can get a good look at me before asking, "why are you so much more attracting when I'm in this body?"

Blushing, I turn away, my hands placed on my knees and I interpret his sentence.

"W-who knows, I mean, I-I don't know. Do you know, because I sure d-don't." Come on, Hiccup, pull it together, you've never stuttered this bad before, what's changed? Oh, maybe the fact that my dragon turned human?!

"Hey, look at me." Toothless almost begs, getting me to stare back into those hypnotic eyes of his, and before I know it, his lips fall on my own. One of his hands carefully wrapped around the side of my neck while the other bringing my waist closer to his. Being too heated at the moment to even realize it, I wrap my arms around his thick neck, feeling him shift my body so that I'm laying on the mattress.

"T-Toothless, wait..." I gasp, feeling him beginning to roam my body with his lips as he plants kisses on my neck, "Toothless," I call, taking a strong grip onto the back of his soft hair, still bringing up the courage to stop this from going too far. And too soon enough, he's sucking on my collar bone, leaving purple bruises flourishing.

"Toothless!" I yell, finally getting the moment to stop, because of how scared I've become. Thinking and worrying about the things my father would think of this, his only 22-year-old son wanting to have a relationship with a man his father has yet to meet. But Toothless thinks otherwise as he let's go of my neck and waist, moving away from me and my room as if the walls were closing in on him.

"Sorry," He says, "I'll just go." He says, retreating out the door to who knows where.

Crap, you've really done it now, haven't you? Someone you might actually love was clearly rejected. Let's just hope he comes back feeling less shittier about how you didn't tell him how great those five minutes felt.

Knowing he might have nowhere else to go throughout the village of Berk, I stay put, needing him to come back to me. Praying to whatever heavens that he'll come back in one piece.