~8~

Hiccup's POV:

After properly assembling ourselves with our outfits; a very occasional look, we walk down through the village to get to our destination. And I can't help but to glance at Toothless as he sniffs in the fresh air after being stuck in my cottage for almost two whole days, he smiles at nothing but the excitement that is awaiting us only a couple of meters away yet I can't help but to feel odd about this scenario. I mean, Astrid is actually throwing a party? And with no specific reason which only adds to my list of terrible possibilities of a disaster.

Soon enough though, we find ourselves a meter away from the entrance, and I can't seem to work up the courage to actually knock on the door while the loud banging of music radiates from her tall home.

"Hiccup?" I hear Toothless precaution next to me, leaning only an inch to get my attention. Except, what if she tries something? Or what if Toothless gets drunk? What if they harm him? What if-

"I-I change my mind. Maybe we shouldn't bother-"

"Hiccup!" The door bursts open and I spot Astrid with a white tank top and jeans, a red plastic cup tilting over her hand as she leans on the doorway, "come on in!"

"Actually, we were just about to-" I'm cut off again by someone other than Astrid-

"Astrid! It's me! Toothless!" My pet dragon chimes, giving her a hug, but the truth doesn't seem to sink in along with the alcohol she's had too well so she just agrees, not wanting to lose any more brain cells she's already lost trying to think up words to say.

"Toothless~" She giggles, gently returning the hug and quickly grabbing a hold of my hand to join me into the party but once into the dragon's nest there is no way out.

I glance behind me, praying that Toothless will follow and he does, although, the bodies that begin swarming around us is unlike anything I've ever experienced and I almost start to hyperventilate in concern that I might not make it alive out of this one.

"Toothless?" I ask around, now free from Astrid's grasp ass she heads out with some anonymous boy I've yet to meet, "Toothless!" I holler even louder, tears prickling at the ends of my eyes.

"Do you always cry over silly things?" I hear his voice next to my ear, his hands holding my waist in place as the wave of people continue to move through the entrance and out.

I whimper, turning around and hugging him, intending to never let this lizard out of my sight again, "I thought I LOST you!! How is that silly?!"

Continuing my protesting, I feel him take my hand in his and gradually leading us away from the dense crowd and into the small half bathroom, locking both of us in.

"Hiccup, look at me," he whispers, holding both sides of my face with the warmth of his hands, "if you really don't feel comfortable about any of this, let's bail. I don't care about socializing with people I've met even as a dragon again, I just want to be with you."

His luminescent green eyes spark with a tinge of lust as he leans in closer, enclosing the space between our faces to kiss me. Feeling his crave ravish through me I wrap my palms at the back of his hair, hearing him moan as he continues to bite on my lower lip, tugging playfully at it so I only widen my mouth for his entrance.

And at some point, his hands lower themselves down to my legs, tapping the side of each thigh. Obeying him, I lift my legs weakishly so he can pick me up and set me on the counter, his hands not leaving my waist as we both try and catch our breath.

"Wow." Toothless breaths, a smile slowly emerging from his clear skin, "so now I see."

I giggle, curious about his new discovery, "what?"

"Why you humans have the desperate need to suck each others' faces off," he whispers, earning another fit of giggles for how ridiculous he made the action sound.

"Ok, first off: it's called kissing. Secondly: it isn't a need, it's a want." I correct him, looking as composed as possible when he quickly pecks on my lips to protest.

"Want-need-it really doesn't matter don't you think?"

I groan in annoyance of the direction of this conversation and roll my eyes for effect, "Just kiss me."

And he does just that, his hands searching through my small figure and landing just above my waist line, hovering hesitantly over my waist line and above my belt.

But before we even get to that part of our story, the doors (that I swear were locked) bust open because of a drunk Astrid, and already being the strongest female on Berk island, she gets merely stronger with the mix of alcohol in her system.

"Hey guys! What're y'all doin' (hiccup) all the way up here and not (hiccup) down there?" She motions with one of her noodly arms down to where the ruckuss is eluding by the loud thump of the base and cheering from the crowd.

"Uh-I," I struggle to find words, noticing that she's caught admiring our situation, Toothless' hands under my ass and his face cuddled against my neck. Probably attempting to hide his face and exposing his feelings for me.

"Oh. Shit (hiccup) sorry man. I-I'll head out, you guys um...enjoy yourselves," and she hurriedly dashes out of the door, of course bumping into it the first time and quietly swearing to herself in response, but she exits and isn't heard from the rest of the night.

"We should go," I hear Toothless whisper under the nape of my neck, his warm tone breaking the dead silence previously created by Astrid.

"O-ok," I respond, feeling his hands loosen under me as he takes his right hand and links it to my left, and we both rush out of the bathroom and out into the dark streets to where home lies.