Moon Part 3

"Now if you are not too space-lagged," Yohanna finally said. "I would like to go to the bar. I noticed someone cute getting off your cruiser."

"Oh who?" Peyton asked.

"I think his name was Ivan," Yohanna said.

"Ivan," Peyton said thoughtfully. "He is a nice guy. I might even be able to introduce you. I need to warn you though - I'm off men at the moment."

"What about that boy who followed you off the cruiser like a puppy dog?"

"Doran - he's just a friend."

"I'm sure he wants more."

"I'm not into it at the moment."

"Fair enough. Are you into women then?"

"Only you..." Peyton smiled fondly.

"I love you too. But what is wrong. Why are you anti-relationships?"

"There was a man from the asteroid belt and he betrayed me with my roommate."

"Oh-oh!"

"So I have been wronged by a man and a woman - both of whom I thought I could trust at the time."

"Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that."

"I've moved on." Peyton pronounced bravely. "I'm more into adventure at the moment." 

"Kinky?"

"No," Peyton had to giggle. -"Space - travel. Maybe Venus."

"Well, we had better make the most of your time here then." Yohanna looked determined.

The girl's showered and changed. The Moon Terminus was primarily funded by the Chinese and Japanese governments, so evening fashions were slightly Asian. However, unlike some of the outer colonies, kimonos were not compulsory for the women. Moon Terminus was closer to Earth Prime and strongly affected by Earth trends, with some women sporting the latest haute couture.

Yohanna could not afford the latest style on her wage as a custom's officer, but she selected a silky dress for herself, and lent one to Peyton, who had little but her uniform. Both outfits had little quilted tops, designed to combat the evening chill. 

"A Pisces out fit for me, and a Pisces outfit for you - twin cousin."

Yohanna's dress was sea-green and the one she lent to Peyton was a light blue. The colour palate suited both girls, who had smooth olive skin tones. Peyton was just a little darker brown from her exposure to the sun's radiation out in space.

They made their way towards the recreation areas. The Moon Terminus was small enough to have a pleasant campus feeling, where all the permanent residents knew each other. However, there was a constant stream of through travellers to provide variety. Tonight the Spacebar was crowded due to the recent docking of the Mars cruiser.

Peyton spied her shipmates and led Yohanna towards him. "Hey Ivan," she said. "Hello Doran."

"Hello Peyton," Ivan exclaimed. "How is the Moon treating you?"

"Good," Peyton said. "You?"

"I'm glad to be on a solid surface," Doran replied. 

Ivan looked expectantly at Peyton and Yohanna. "Aren't you going to introduce your friend?'

"Ivan, this is my cousin Yohanna," Peyton said. "Yohanna, this is Ivan."

The introduction had been performed and the couple were free to goggle at each other. It was evident that both liked what they saw.

"Peyton's cousin eh?" Ivan joked. "It's a small universe."

"It certainly is," Yohanna agreed. "And getting smaller all the time with new colonies being built on previously uninhabited planets."

They all ordered schooners of known as 'moonshine', which was pleasantly potent. Ivan invited Yohanna to dance and they went out onto the dance floor. The couple danced closer and closer as the evening went on, and eventually decided to move on to Ivan's quarters.

Peyton was left sitting at the bar with Doran. "They've gone..." he said softly.

"I expected I will see my cousin in the morning."

 Doran looked mildly wistful. "Lucky them."

"What are your plans? Back to Mars on the cruiser?"

"I don't know," Doran said. "It gets a bit monotonous. Mars to Earth Moon - Earth Moon to Mars."

"I'm thinking about going to the Venus colony."

"Adventurous for a Pisces." Doran was eyeing her profile thoughtfully.

Peyton shrugged. "It takes all types."

"It certainly does."

Peyton felt as though she could trust Doran, but she wasn't going to risk it. Not yet. 

"Was that an invitation?"

"I dunno - as a friend perhaps. If you think Venus could be fun."

"Most people wouldn't call it fun - but then I'm not most people." Doran was a little drunk. "I'm a Sagittarius. Everything is fun." 

"Evidently." Peyton dodged his playful embrace. "Go sleep it off. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay- nights."