Close Call (Too Far pt 2)

(Michael POV:)
My eyes slowly open, the world around me is fuzzy. The ceiling above me is white. 'Huh, that's weird. My roof isn't white...' I think absentmindedly. Then I remember. I sit up suddenly, and my gaze whips around, trying to comprehend where exactly  I am. Then I see the IV machine by my side, and the white curtains that I had previously thought to be walls. I was in a hospital. I start feeling woozy again, and I lay back down, darkness claiming me once again.

(ONE WEEK LATER)

My eyes flutter open once more, but this time I wake to pain. My back hurts, along with my arms and legs, and especially my head. I groan out, and I hear a gasp from beside me. "He's waking up!" I hear from my left. "I've been up, Devin..." I manage to say, and he gasps again, moving to hug me, but then realizing it would hurt me even more. "The doctors are coming back with some major painkillers." I hear Bri say from my right. I try to sit up, but can't. Noticing this, Devin helps me sit up, Bri supporting me from the other side. "Where's Ritchie?" I ask, and  Devin and Bri looks semi angry. "Seeing how he is the reason you jumped, he isn't allowed to see you until you get better." Bro answered me, hate glowing in her eyes. "But... don't friends do what the other asked when they are the reason the other gets upset?" I ask, and Bri and Devin look at me, an unreadable expression on their faces. "No, hun. If a friend tells you to kill yourself, even if you upset said friend, you shouldn't listen to them." Bri responds, her hand going over my right arm, and squeezing it gently. "But... I make things more difficult for you guys. I draw in Devin's notebook, I wasted so much time, I made you seem like the murderer..." I say, listing a few of the things I had done. "Michael, I don't mind you writing in my notebook. I think it's kinda funny, actually. You didn't waste time, you just proved that not all is as it seemed, and gave us interesting leads. And I'm sure Bri forgives you for that, right Bri?" Devin asks, and Bri nods. I smile, and the doctors come in, ushering my friends out. I lay back down, the doctors administer the painkiller, and I fall back asleep, happy to be wanted.

(Author's Note: HA!! YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER!!! HAHHA!!! Ps: sorry for making y'all cry. I didn't mean to.)

Word Count: 416