Control

"Be aware of the Force around you. Call it to you and wrap it around your presence," Ahsoka instructed. Ania stood before her, balanced on one leg, lightsabers activated and pointed together above her head. Ahsoka was seated cross legged and had her eyes closed. "Letting yourself become one with the Force will keep others from sensing your presence. It will be vital that you maintain this during your mission."

"I know, I know." Ania switched into the next position, one leg extended behind her and her lightsabers held in a defensive position. She did as she was instructed and reached out. Connecting with the Force was the easy part. The hard part was letting it become one with her. One of the strange spider like creatures crawled outside the perimeter fence. Ania pulled her focus away and tried to hide herself.

Ahsoka's presence joined hers. "Not good enough. I can still find you." Ahsoka opened her eyes. "Why are you holding back? I know you could do it if you let go."

"It's just that, I don't know if I can control what happens afterwards," Ania said. "I've lost control before and it didn't end well."

"Fear will hold you back. Master Yoda always said 'Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering.' Those are the roots of the Dark Side," Ahsoka explained.

Ania deactivated her lightsabers and sat down. "I don't think it's possible to not fear."

"You're right. It's not. You have to learn to let go of everything you fear to lose, to face, all of it. My master struggled with letting go of things and in the end, that is what drove him away from the Jedi." Ania still looked doubtful. Ahsoka rested her chin in her hand. "Tell me what you fear."

"I fear Vader and the Emperor," Ania began. "Not what they can do to me, but what they can do to the Galaxy. I fear loosing control of myself. I fear the Daughter, or, more like her power. I'm afraid of hurting those I care about." Her thoughts drifted towards one particular person. Ania glanced up at Ahsoka. "Attachment was forbidden for the Jedi. Why?"

Ahsoka laughed. "My master and I always wondered the same thing. Attachments could be put before the well being of others. Suppose we were in a dangerous situation where multiple lives were at stake. I had the choice to save you or save everyone else and I chose to save you. That is the price of attachment. Master Kenobi always said it's better to lose one life than to lose thousands."

"I think attachments can be a weakness, but also a great strength. No living being should be forced to give up everything they love. Masters and Padawans had an attachment," Ania pointed out.

Ahsoka nodded. "It is something you must determine the meaning of for yourself and form your own ideals. The ways of the Old Jedi might have worked then, but not all of them will work now. It's time for change and it's up to the next generations to be that change." Ahsoka's wrist comm began beeping and she quickly accepted the transmission.

"Senator Organa has arrived," Commander Sato said through the comm.

"We'll be right there." Ahsoka switched her comm off and stood. "I guess training is done for the day. Your mission is about to begin. Just remember what I told you and practice if you can." Ania nodded her agreement and followed Ahsoka back to the Rebel Base.

    When they entered the central building, Commander Sato and Hera were already there. Beside them stood a stranger. The man had black hair with a few gray streaks in it, betraying his age. "Ania, this is Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan," Ahsoka said. She hugged the senator fondly.

    "It's good to see you, Ahsoka," Senator Organa smiled. "I don't believe I've ever met you, though I know who you are," he shook Ania's hand.