two.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER TWO.
first line.

WHEN ADRIAN MARTIN FINALLY REACHED HIS HOUSE AFTER LACROSSE PRACTICE, IT DIDN'T SURPRISE HIM WHEN HE FOUND SOMEONE SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF HIS DOORSTEP

WHEN ADRIAN MARTIN FINALLY REACHED HIS HOUSE AFTER LACROSSE PRACTICE, IT DIDN'T SURPRISE HIM WHEN HE FOUND SOMEONE SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF HIS DOORSTEP. Adrian shook his head in disbelief, sighing as he seized his keys out of his pocket while moving toward the door. "Toby, what a surprise. You do realise I leave my bedroom window purposely open for you, right?"

Toby Valack had been friends with Adrian Martin since first moving to Beacon Hills at age eleven. He was a shy kid, who took to himself mostly - which was odd considering Adrian's status. They were an unusual pair, but it somehow worked. He stayed with his grandparents just a few streets down from the Martins; meaning it wasn't a chore to go back and forth between the two houses.

In Adrian's eyes, Toby was quite a mysterious kid; only sharing what he felt necessary to share. He rarely spoke about his personal life and wasn't too keen on letting people in; a reason why Adrian was his only friend.

Toby staggered up to his feet when his friend arrived at the top of the stairs. He nervously gazed down at his worn-out trainers while scratching the back of his head; sheepishly locking eyes with his friend. "Sorry. I just - I just wanted to wait. You know, in case it's not okay."

"Well," A sigh was heard as he was met with Adrian Martin's piercing green eyes. "You're here now."

The blonde thickly nodded before he was led inside, politely declining the offer of a drink or snack. The two teens made their way to Adrian's room, taking in its contents. "Every time I think your room couldn't get any messier, you prove me wrong."

"It's organised in its own, special way!" Adrian fended his living space, watching his friend shake his head as he sat down; grimacing at a pair of underwear hanging on the redhead's desk chair. "I didn't see you at school today? Did you get sick or something?"