twenty-eight.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
when did erica get hot?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN SHIFTED IN HIS BED THAT NIGHT, HIS FACE CONTORTED UNCOMFORTABLY. Flashes appeared before his mind, making his breathing pick up unknowningly.

The woods. The Beacon Hills woods. That's where Adrian was. Yes, he knew that much. A dark skinned man stood alone, a motorbike next to him.

It seemed as if he was just about to leave, however . . . Adrian would never know if he was.

Something swiped him off his feet, causing the man to fall and caress the back of his neck. He was alert however, raising his gun in warning as he stood back up.

Adrian's heavy breathing matched his, the panic and fear of the situation bubbling inside him just like if he were there.

The man held the back of his neck as he walked cautiously through the woods . . . then it all went downhill.

The Martin boy could feel the immobility in his body as the dark skinned man's body shook until his hand could no longer hold the gun and his feet could no longer stand on ground. He dropped to the floor, defenceless.

Then, another flash came. Adrian's face scrunched up in pain from the transition . . .
but what came next was worse.

A hand. A hand too animalistic to be human hung dangerously in his sight, it's claws that of daggers as clear liquid dripped from it. Adrian could feel his blood run cold . . . as the man's scream shook him awake.

The redhead awoke with a start, a gasp for air coming from his throat as he sat upright. He was alone and safe, back in the comforts that was his own room and bed.

The teen released a sigh when reality hit that he was safe, feeling his hands shake as he gripped the covers. What the hell was that dream?

❚ ❚ ❚

"Come on, Tobs, almost there." The Martin boy encouraged, grinning proudly to himself as he unclipped his harness for the next person to climb the wall and race against their paired partner.

"I-It's just really, really high." The blonde complained, grunting with effort as he tried to lower his skinny body down the wall. "Ugh! I can't believe you put me up to this!"

"It's part of the class, Valack! It's required!" Coach yelled out to him, hand on hip. "Hurry up now!"

"Hey, Toby! Jump and I'll catch you!" The redhead joked, holding out his arms in a bridal style position.