thirty-seven.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN.
watch your mouth

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN AWKWARDLY TUGGED ON HIS SHIRT COLLAR AS HE CARRIED A BOX OF FOOD INTO THE SHERIFF STATION, SIDE EYEING HIS BOYFRIEND IN NERVOUSNESS AS THEY WALKED IN. The Martin boy had tried kindly- well . . . in his own Adrian Martin way- to refuse the offer of dining with the family, but Stiles was having none of it as the two met up with the Sheriff.

"Why do I let you drag me into these situations, Stilinski." The teen rolled his eyes as he helped carry the food into the station.

"Because, I think I'd be nice if you and my dad talked a bit more. He hardly knows you." The boy easily shrugged back in response, looking over his shoulder with a smile. "Plus, you get free food."

"That is true."

"Hey, dad!" Stiles knocks quickly before entering, Adrian stepping shyly in behind him. "We brought food."

"We?" Noah questions behind his desk before looking up, eyebrows raising in surprise at his son's company. A kind smile spread across his face. "Oh, Adrian. Nice to see you again."

"You too, Sheriff." The redhead respectfully nodded as he and the boy set the food down, taking their respectful seats across from the man.

Stiles grinned at the pair, watching eagerly as the two of them tucked in. His dad took one bite out of his burger, pulling away with a grimace. "Oh, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie burger." His son replied smoothly, leaning forwards to take a swig of his drink off the Sheriff's desk.

"Stiles." The man gave his son a pointed look as he carried on eating the burger made with vegetables and other ingredients. "I asked for a hamburger."

Stiles lifted up his salad. "Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Shooting his dad a rather sarcastic smile, he peeled open the lid.

The Sheriff pulled open his own box only to reveal bland carrots and celery sticks. "Oh hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

Adrian let out a soft chuckle at the father's words. "If it makes you feel any better, I would've ordered fries with my veggie burger but Stiles practically threatened me not to."

The hazel eyed boy rolled his eyes in response. "You could've said no. Not my fault you can't say no because your dat- friends with me. Besides, I'm not trying to ruin your lives. I'm trying to extend your lives, okay? Could you both just eat it please?"