Beautiful Athena

Stephen

Athena has always been a helpful hand, she is the reason I want to marry. Shes kind, caring and beautiful. I remember asking her out in high school a few times but always turning me down. She isn't the type to hide her heart. She wears her heart on her sleeve. Athena lives up to her name.

Many times I've seen her fighting battles that sometimes have nothing to do with her. I bet you she would make a great lawyer but shes wanting to become a teacher. Athena reminds most of my best friend Nene. When we were younger we used to play until mum would call me home for dinner. Everyday we did that up until I one day she came out. The whole day I waited for her. That is when I when I felt my heart hurt. Thinking back I think Nene was my first crush and to this I haven't seen her.

Nene was great friend who had the worst jokes and still could make me laugh. We'd play fight, in lots of ways she was a boy in a dress and that's what Athena is like to me. She's like my Nene.

My life isn't as cruisy as people say it is. Being an only child I get really lonely so I would submerge myself in studies and learning musical instruments. From a young I never relied on my parents to come to my music recitals or show them my awards. They were busy whatever they did.

Once I got to middle school I became the school bully and teachers were scared to tell my parents as they didn't want to lose their only source of income. I bet up guys that would challenge me. That was until Athena moved to my school. When she said she would never go with a guy that bullies and hurts people. I wanted her to like me.

I become the guy she wants. Our school was best middle school in town with all the wealthy kids in town and all the top scholars. Athena was here on an academic scholarship. She never once boasted about being rich and she was happy.

Even into high school she got in on her academics. Most parents paid to have their kids in this school but not her. She is the smartest in our school. Now as years went by Athena's beauty grow even more. With flawless skin and not one bit of make up many guys fall for her. Even with glasses it became harder for guys not to ask her out. I guess that's why her best friend is Rhys. Not once has he ever hurt, flirted or asked her out. Through mutual friends they met and for a while the whole school thought they were going out.

Now that she's engaged to me she won't look at me. She won't work with me and it hurts. Why can't she like me?