Wedding Bells Part 2

"Stephen here I stand to be faithful to you as your wife. I didn't think I'd say this now. I will learn to cherish you and hold on to those moments in our union. You are my best friend and I see no other in your place. Just remember you will be first in my heart until I get a child then good luck" onlookers and guests laugh and I lie and joke around with vows. "So with this ring I hope you accept me as your wife." I slide the ring onto the ring finger. I realise I'm sliding away my freedom, my will to find true love. I hold back tears.

"I, Stephen, take you, Athena, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity." He sounded like a broken record. Which hurted me, I wanted to remember this day. I began to cry, these were not tears of joy but tears of disappointment. My smile became fake and as he slipped the ring on my finger I knew this was my life now.

The applause was deafening my ears as I wanted to get out of here. So the pastor announced very proudly, "I pronounce you man and wife, Stephen, you may kiss your wife." Smiling with him he cups my cheeks and wipes tears away. Lifting my face our faces get closer and he kisses me but on my cheek. My life became his. Smiling I hug him, in all honesty I wanted to hide and cry my love away. I knew from that moment I lost my heart. I tried my best to make those vows to come from my heart. I know not to expect much.

Stephen

I am officially married. I feel amazing to have her but also cheated that her love is not mine. Playing with my plain gold band I see Athena fake a smile as we begin to greet people. This is something I have to live with for a long as I live. I feel most for her. Many people by congratulated us on our union. What am I to say. I'm not one to runaway. I'm not one to hide anything. I hope tear down the walls that surround my love.

Athena

I'm an emotional eater so because of all the tears I ate everything I could see. Our band that played at our reception was Sweet Melody. The played my favourite songs including our first dance song, If by bread. As he starts the song Stephen leads me out to the dance floor. "If a picture could paint a thousand words then why can't paint you......" he sang as I sink in his arms. I needed to make this believable. My husband in my mind would hold up strong with my head on his shoulder, smiling away. As he plants a kiss on my forehead as many times as he could. He would know I have to left feet. So I would follow and trust his lead. I had reassurance in him, that would never be Stephen. I knew that this was just for our families. Business deal that only needs to last at least a year.

Speeches started with my best friend Hannah. "Many people didn't think this wedding between these two would even be thought of yet happen, I mean Athena was the school nerd and bookworm. She didn't have much to do with Stephen or knew who he was for that matter. And then there's Stephen, the guy every girl wanted. He was the heartthrob of or year. I bet many girl in school would be jealous of Athena right now. I do remember last year in music we had our duets and these two were assigned to be partners. Many thought this wouldn't work but there was no fighting not one arguement . Just music, true music. That year our theme was unknown love. I remember as you guys sang, it was so simple yet somewhat real." She clears her voice. "Stephen look after my best friend because she has a tender heart and you know."

Many more speeches came and went. Poppa's was the last to be said. "My Athena and Arabelle are our lives, when they came to us we knew that life was going to be hard but my babies we made it. Athena has always been the quiet achiever whereas Ara was the opposite. Those two would fight like cats and dogs but if anything would happen to one, the other would the that person pay. So Stephen be careful. Athena has such a caring heart and loves order. I used to listen to Athena sing her heart out. So as I finish I hope this is not our last dance because you'll always be mamma's and I baby girl. We have a little gift to give you." Poppa comes gets me and we dance there is no music when there singing. Both Ara began to sing.