The Worst Turn

Athena

I'm holding on I must be strong, never thought this day would come. Thought my battles would be won but life can be cruel at times. I pray that you somehow pull through but the power isn't mine. Can't back the hands of time what I'd give for one more day. Because I took our love for granted, never thought you would leave me baby. I'd cross the stars to see a smile to see a smile upon your face. Now that your gone I'm broken so how can I set you free my baby if love takes a lifetime to get to raise, I only have a life time left to wait.

Stephen

I'm going to get a divorce. I want Harlie and no one else. I know what will happen, I will file for a divorce, Athena will fight it and I will say Harlie is pregnant then Athena will drop me. Simple easy plan. It will be a fight but I will win. Money can heal any problem right. How can I love someone who is not around. Its simple you can't. I'm not going to waste my time wishing for someone who has never been there. I thought I loved her and maybe something could happen but since our wedding night nothing happened. If I could change it all I think I would have never married her.

I've come to the realisation the my heart does nothing but pump blood but this feeling is really to much for me to handle. The way she smiled I forever hoped for that that would be because of me when we were in high school. Now she belongs to me it isn't that way. She's never been mine. I thought that she would be my dream girl. I to be honest always fantasied about Athena and i going overseas sitting on the Caribbean beach, or at Disneyland walking hands or even in Hawaii tramping across the most amazing forests. I wanted to do a lot more then just being in a marriage where we're not even under the same roof. I wanted Athena to have my children. I wanted to grow old with her by my side. I need her but I guess there's nothing to fight for. Athena's probably having fun while I'm moping at home.

Athena

They are now 22 weeks old and at 11 inches and almost 1 pound my babies are starting to look like miniature newborns. Their lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and they even developing tiny tooth buds beneath my babies gums. His and her eyes have formed, but their irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. I got this from I book I've been reading. My babies are every much alive. Kicking me like no one cares I'm pretty sure I've got football players on my hands.

Many nights these last few weeks have been depressing. Watching chick flicks and nearly eating I can't seem to hold down any food. Doctors say if I keep this up my family won't make it. I know that this is my family because I see Stephen and he doesn't say hello, wave or even nod at me and with another on his arm I see he's found his love. I'm disappointed in him for not even trying. For not seeing his wife or not trying to save the marriage. I was supposed to me with Stephen's mother but I couldn't bring myself to see her. The heartache she would feel as soon as she sees me and my circumstance. I don't want to build up her hopes when everything will just come tumbling down.

Stephen

Knocking on Athena's door, someone opens it. That happens to be my wife. Standing in an oversized dressing gown looking so beautiful I look at the ground between us wanting to make the distance smaller. I just wanted to kiss her but i dont and hold back tears. My mouth didn't want to open I wanted to just hold her. Knowing Harlie is in my car waiting I hand her a brown envelope, the thing that I wanted to burn. Looking at her I say the hardest words ever created. No hello just "I want a divorce."