Wedding Bells Part 1

Sephen

Upon my agreeing on the contract the final wedding preparations were under way. I'm glad Athena is such a simple girl. She asked for a simple backyard wedding with family. Of course my mother agreed with her although my father was quick to say no, I gave the final say. So it was going to happen in Athena's backyard. My place backed onto a beach and thats where the reception and wedding photos were to happen. That was my idea since she wanted to a simple ceremony. Our homes are grand enough for it all so if there was anything i could give my future wife was the wedding of her dreams. Honestly everything about her is simple and sweet.

Many girls think I'm the kind of guy to hang with the hot chicks but in actual fact I love a girl who has personality and won't change it for anybody. Also if we were had to have kids they inherit her beauty.

Everything became more as tonight is my last night of being a single man. I'm not interested a bucks night so I hide out from my mates. I knew they were going to throw me one so I took refuge at the house my parents bought Athena and I as a wedding gift. Everything is in it. Situated by the beach and big for a family. I wonder what Athena is doing?

Athena

Oh crap its the night before our union. I will become Mrs Athena Garcia-Shirley. I hadn't worked on my vows but I thought I would I'd just say it on the spot. I had my best friend/maid of honor, Hannah with me. She is the only person who knew my real reason for marrying him. Ara is heading to be at my wedding. She asked not to be in the bridal party and I only wanted one person. Falling asleep I made myself a promise that I wouldn't force myself to do anything I didn't feel comfortable doing with him.

Waking up at 7 I feel energised. Most women stress making last minute arrangements for this perfect day when I on the other hand didnt . I'm not bridezilla. Heading to the kitchen I smell pancakes. Thinking I can't eat too much I see Ara making our Momma's Pancakes. I go in for a hug. She is the one person I need right now. "So Mrs Shirley has awaken. Would she like some breakfast?"Ara asked chuckling to herself. I reply in a mockingly respectful manner. "Of course Momma would kill me if I didn't eat. No one wants the bride fainting because of starvation." Laughing out loud. We hear people coming the front door. I eat as much as I can. Ara knew I liked my pancakes in melted butter and raspberry golden suryp. My hair and make up art I stated in the lounge as I finished up. My Momma and mother-in-law already had their make up done. Hannah waited for the bride to be ready first.

After my makeup was done she began on my hair. We decided that my hair was to be half up with french plaits and and sweet white daisy crown. The bottom half just tidly loose. I had naturally curly hair so it was easy. Momma smiled has her baby is getting ready. Both the ladies left and Momma wanted a coffee. Hannah and Ara were talking amongst themselves, I was left to my thoughts.

My flowers and Poppa were waiting for the bride to descend down the stairs. So getting in my dress I look at myself in a halter neck dress with simple lace print Momma says, "I wore this and so did your mummy. She looked just like you. You and Ara remind me of your mother everyday. If only she can see this." Lookin at my grandmother and giving her hand a little squeeze, "She is watching from the best seat available." "Here I want to give you this" it was a locket. In the locket contained a photo of both mummy and daddy. On the back engraved was my name, Athena Mahinarangi Gracia. I hug my Momma and cry not to cry.

I chose not to have a veil. So with my Momma, sister and best friend we descend down the stairs one by one. This is it. I am becoming Mrs Shirley.