Going home

Heading home I couldn't care less what happens to her. Athena has been ignoring me since our honeymoon. If I knew things we're going to be like this I never would have bother with that vacation. Although I did meet this beautiful girl, Harlie. Harlie is everything I dream for in a woman and more. She is Athena but confident. I know I'm hurting Athena and she would go back to her studies. Learning under her grandfather. Maybe its for the best that we only are married for a year then we can move.

Athena didn't move in our house that my parents bought us. So Harlie and I have been. I have been texting Athena where I am and if we have a party we both need to attend. Many tabloids are been circling about our marriage. Most true but mother made it clear not to let them be true.

Athena

Why does my heart hurt? Why do I feel something for him? What is that something? Why do I care? The idiot left at the airport with my luggage. That imbecile just let me to the paparazzi. I called my poppa to come get me. I just sat there waiting for him, waiting for someone. "Athena." I turn and see my poppa at least I could count on someone to help me out. Without asking a question we take my bags and head out to my car. Poppa is the kind of guy I wanted to marry. People say that your father figure is your first love and in many cases when I did date I looked for my poppa in them but none fit the bill.

Instead of going to my new address I go back to my old home. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with my grandparents. Walking in I see my momma in her rocking chair knitting. Lately that's been something she's gotten into. Poppa said she wanted her first great grand baby to wear something she's made. I honestly wouldnt have it any other way. I kiss her on her cheek. "Oh baby why are you here?" She asks as I sit down. "I can't do it, he never once spent any time with me and now I'm here. I feel so at home." I reply wanting to cry. "Momma it hurts. He doesn't see me as his wife but a mistress."I fall into momma's lap and sob. "Oh my baby please don't cry. We should have a chat." "no, don't waste your breathe, please don't, I need to clear my head and heart. Can I stay for a couple of days." "Baby we won't ever kick you out stay as long as you like just don't leave this too long and you end up hurting yourself even more." I stay in Momma's lap letting my sobs die away as she sings a lullaby to help soothe me. Momma always knew what to do to calm me.

Laying there I see the ring on my finger an I begin to wonder about this marriage and play with the ring. I couldn't bring myself to take it off but I didn't want to leave it on. I just don't know what to do.

A week later

Stephen

I think I'm missing Athena, its been the longest week I can remember. I think I got used to having her around that not having her near me does hurt. Harlie is gone, when she saw the wedding photographs she just left. We have been married a month, now 11 more to make it a year. I might just go get her I know she's at her grandparents. I need her.

That day as I head to her place I hear my phone ring. "Hello Stephen speaking" "Stephen we need to talk in person" its Athena. "Where are you? Where do you want to meet?" "I will come to you. To our place, I know you've been there. Bye." She hung up. I was going say more. I needed to say more but she hung up. What is this I'm feeling?

Getting out of my car I head inside. As this week went by my focus began to think of Athena, wondering, asking myself what she's doing. I have a few events I had to attend but I did alone. Harlie was long gone by then. Giving excuses became my speciality especially for her. Mother began wondering as well. I just can't forget our one night together. If she got pregnant because of that night I would never leave. I mean at time if she got pregnant at anytime in this marriage I wouldn't leave. I just know this union will end. Someday.