Two Extra Hearts

Athena

"Congratulations you're having twins. Can you hear the heartbeats?" My doctor announced as he turned up the noise button. I couldn't help but be happy I had a family of my ownthe only part they would miss out on were a dad in their life. "Did you want to know the gender of your children?" I nodded. "Let's see. Baby A is a boy and baby B is...... a girl." I'm so excited. I have the children I want. I couldn't careless about their father.

After the obgyn prints the photo and get told how far along I am I head to my mommas. I can't believe im 16weeks. I only went to the doctors because I was gaining a lot of weight in the last few weeks. But the last 16 weeks! Ohmygosh. If you go back now it will be the our first night together. As the week goes by I gather baby stuff. Cribs, clothes and toys. I wanted my kids to get what they need. Do they need their father? Although I tell myself they don't I grew up without my father and I hated the world for it.

Your probably thinking how did I know well I began eating lots more then I should and Momma thought there was something wrong with me. So we went to the doctors for blood tests and they found I was pregnant. Its a scary thought to now have the biggest responsibility of life. Guiding and protecting a new life all of their life. One night with Stephen changed my whole life.

Momma has been for the last week saying I need to tell the father. Days go by and all I can think of is their father. These two must know who he is because the moment I think of him, mention his name or listen to his voice the begin to kick like crazy. I remember the first time I thought of him. I felt a big jolt to my stomach. I just know I have a footballer on my hands. Many times after that at the mention of his name I knew they wanted their dad. The only question is, is he going to step up to the challenge?

Stephen

Its been so long since I have seen Athena. Four months feels like four years. I have been lost without her around. My world is falling apart. I think I'm falling for her. There are moments I've had in the past two months that I have achieved that I have been celebrating with Harlie, when in my mind I keep thinking Harlie is Athena.

Mother and father have noticed it. How is it I have fallen for a girl I've known all my schooling life and we had nothing to do with each other. I knew I liked her but now its more. I can't even have what's mine. Talk about being lovesick. Technically I've broken our contract. Harlie is still in our home and claims she is pregnant but matter how many pregnancy tests she's not.

Without Athena I feel a million things at once. I've tried to get her off my mind. I've tried to play my part, but everything I close my eyes shes still inside my heart. Why can't I laugh why must I cry every time we say goodbye. Why does it rain here in my heart every day that we are apart. What will it take to make you see these words say show how much she means to me.

If only I could say this to Athena.