Birthday Surprise!

*Your POV*

Ah yes, the day I am one year closer to my imminent demise... Also known as a birthday! I don't really talk about my birthday very often because I don't want people making such a big fuss about it...

I found a voice message from 2 years ago... I shouldn't listen to it... But... I want to hear her voice again...

"Hey sweet pea! It's momma bear, and I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday! My little girl is going to be a woman soon and I'm so proud... Also... Just know... If you don't become a hero like you wanted to be ever since you where 5, it's okay... I'll still be proud of you. Anyway, hugs and kisses, and a homemade momma cake when you get home!!"

Tears start to stream down my face, I curled up in a little ball on Shouta's bed, he was downstairs making breakfast... I replayed that message more times than I could count, it made me sad but also gave me comfort...

"Hey kid, I made us so- hey hey! What's wrong" he quickly sat down the little tray of food on the dresser and rushed over to me, but when he heard the message he completely understood

"Hey sweet pea! It's momma bear-"

I had the phone pressed against my ear as if she was right there with me

"...kid... You can't keep doing this to yourself"

"It was my fault..." He stopped for a second, and put his hand on my shaking figure... It was so warm on my back.

"It wasn't your fault for what happened... You can't blame yourself"

"If I wouldn't have left she still would be here... I can imagine how terrified she was, running around trying to escape... Or even worse, the person who did that tied her to a chair or something and ju-"

Shouta interrupted me with a kiss, he was very gentle with it. His hand gently caressed my hair, allowing me to fall deeper into his embrace.

"Love... Please" he looked to be on the verge of tears himself

"You mean more to me than you know... And to see you this sad and blaming yourself hurts worse than any torture I could endure. Please don't blame yourself... If you where there you would have died as well"

His hand rested gently on my cheek in a comforting manner. His eyes that looked so terrifying and intimidating to most... Looked soft and loving to me.

"Maybe that would have been for the best..."

"Do NOT say that... Ever..." Me saying that seemed to make him mad...

"Tomura was right, no matter how hard I try, everyone around me will die... I'm just bad luck I guess" I chuckled slightly, putting my head down defeatedly.

"... Sigh... Alright you know what? Come on" he stood up and put out his hand.

"Let's go" he continued, I looked at him confused

"Do you trust me, baby?"I nod in response without hesitation, the corner of his mouth forming a small smile.

"Take my hand, and let me make today amazing~" his voice could melt me I swear...I took his hand and he helped me off the bed, even though I don't really need it...

What was he planning? What was going on? And why? He's just going to keep this a mystery isn't he...

"What are we doing?"

"You'll find out soon enough" he chuckled and led me to the car. I stopped in my tracks, and pulled against his hand. He looked back at me.

"Come on kitty, we aren't going to the vet, not today anyway" he teased