II.II

"Kennedy Abrams? As in the girl you've been following on Instagram for like a year?"

            Rebecca nodded and leaned back on the couch, reaching behind her to plug her phone into the charger. After work ended that day, she had come home to find Celeste and Spencer sitting on the couch in their living room, both pretending to work on homework but instead watching food videos on Facebook.

            "Yeah, whatever." She laughed, "She invited me to this party at her place tonight and said I could bring anyone I wanted, so I was wondering if you two wanted to come along."

            Spencer shrugged nonchalantly as Celeste bobbed her head up and down in excitement.

            "I've totally heard of this girl. She knows absolutely everyone and seems like the person to know if you want to have a social life at this school." Celeste babbled, "What time is it at? What should we wear? Do you think I'll be able to hook up with someone?"

            "10:00, wear whatever you want, and please don't get an STD." Rebecca rolled her eyes, "I think we'll all be able to get in together. Do you want to leave around like...10:15? Get there at 10:20?"

            Rebecca Eaves had absolutely no idea how parties in college worked. She was in her second year of school and had been to a total of one party, her freshman year, with one of her roommates and a guy who was in love with her roommate. The two of them ended up hooking up at the party, leaving Rebecca to wander around by herself until she deemed it too hot and humid to have any sort of fun, and she left without saying another word to anyone.

            "Just...don't be weird, alright?" Rebecca asked quickly, "This girl was way nice to me today, and I—"

            "I don't think you have to worry about us being weird." Celeste laughed as Spencer grinned slightly.

            "What's that supposed to mean?" Rebecca asked, unsure of whether or not she should be offended.

            "Nothing, Bec." Spencer shook his head and elbowed Celeste in the ribs, "We'll be ready at 10:15."

            Rebecca nodded and got up to go to her room, not wanting her friends to know that she was going to go pick out an outfit so early in the day. The party started in four hours. Surely she would be able to find something by then.

            Rebecca looked down at her phone for a second, checking the message from Kennedy again. The address was about five minutes away, just down the street. Nothing too crazy. Maybe they should just walk so that no one had to be the DD.

            Rebecca knew she was going to have to be the DD regardless.

            At 6:43, Rebecca had her outfit picked out and laid out on her bed for easy access when it came time to get dressed. A short black skirt and a simple blue t-shirt that she could tuck in to make it look like a cohesive unit. Black platform boots and white ankle socks would finish it off, and she was going to try and attempt some eyeliner.

            At 9:57, Rebecca exited her room and joined Celeste and Spencer in the living room, ignoring the sounds of Kaylie and Jamie in the kitchen.

            At 10:13, the three left the apartment, piled into Rebecca's car, and left for Kennedy's apartment.

A/N: Sorry that this is a short one. Like I said in the introduction chapter, for most of the chapters, the first part will be a bit longer than the second.

Also you know how when you're writing a story and you don't have everything quite pieced together yet, but then you figure it out and everything comes together and it's like a giant lightbulb moment? That definitely happened with this story today and I am SO excited about it.

So, in other words, get excited about it as well. Please.

-Katherine