XVIII.II

"You have a terrible poker face, Miss Eaves." Leo commented casually, "But that's not the point. I didn't want to rule out Hank having an affair with a man, so I looked into George Fulmer first. But it didn't make any sense: he was fifty years old and had been at the event, and the bar, with his 20-year-old daughter, presumably celebrating a birthday or accomplishment of some sort. So that left me with Kennedy.

"When you're in the midst of doing something you shouldn't be, you don't realize just how clumsy you're being about it. Kennedy's credit card was never used at the same time as any of Hank's, from the months of September to May. In fact, it wasn't used on much of anything besides groceries during that time period, but it started being used again after May 2020. Kennedy wasn't dating anyone during that time period. Not that it would have mattered much; if he was cheating then she could have been too. But it did help my hunch a little bit.

"So with all of this information under my belt, I went back to Elizabeth to ask her some more questions about her husband's affair and how she came to find out about it. She said that she started to suspect the affair after Hank had made multiple trips up to South Carolina in the same month, without much explanation and no scheduled events."

Rebecca wasn't sure why she was beginning to feel sick. She hadn't done anything wrong. She hadn't slept with a married man. She hadn't been 'the other woman.' But she had thought she was friends with someone who had. And with every word Leo said, Rebecca had a worse and worse feeling that they had hit Hank for a reason.

"I scanned social media sites for Kennedy's face so that I could gather all of her information at once." Leo continued, "I found her Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn—"

"Kennedy has a LinkedIn?"

Leo shook his head slightly in mock amazement.

"That's your first interrupted question? Her LinkedIn?" He laughed, "Anyways, you interrupted my flow. I found her Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn...but I found two matches for her face on Instagram. One for her own Instagram, Kennedy Abrams. And one for someone with the same name but different face: Drew Parley. She looked identical to Kennedy from what I could tell, except for the fact that Kennedy has a scar down her ribcage that Drew seems to lack. I saw that Kennedy was following Drew, which was...interesting. Following your clone?

"I wanted to know who Kennedy's friends were. I found Lyla, Rian, and you from her recent posts, and I just so happened to be lucky enough to check your profile on the same day that you posted a story about Kennedy's upcoming Halloween party. So I made a mental note of that, just in case I needed it."

"Werewolf." Rebecca mumbled, the word 'Halloween' finally triggering something in her head, "You were the werewolf at the Halloween party. That's why I recognize your voice."

"Slow down, I'm not there yet." Leo shook his head, "Anyways, I looked into Drew's account next, because I was curious about how these two girls could look so similar that Drew's account would come up on a facial scan for Kennedy's accounts. After looking for a few minutes, I figured that Kennedy had made a fake persona for some unknown reason, because there was no way the two were different people. I searched both accounts for posts around the day of the accident. Kennedy didn't have any, but Drew did: day after the hit-and-run, she posted a picture with the location tagged at Miami Beach, but the background looked eerily similar to a beach in Tampa.

"The rest was almost too easy. I looked into Airbnb hosts and hotels in the area that were contacted for visits during the time of the accident. I talked to a lot of people, but eventually found what I was looking for: Mike and Morgan Houst, a sweet couple who rent out an Airbnb in Tampa. They were very kind and spoke very highly of the two of you, by the way. But then Morgan messed up: she let it slip that you two left your trip six days early.