Dead.

Remy began to turn in all directions, trying to find the boy.

"You took him! He's dead isn't he!" The boy yelled. "He finally got killed trying to help others!" Remy turned in the direction the noise was coming from. "What..? Who.. who are you talking about?"

"You killed him! I saw you and that other man take him! He was scared as he left that school! You hurt him didn't you!" The boy shouted angrily, tears forming as he stood on the box highest and furthest from Remy.

Remy was slightly startled, he finally realized the boy was talking about Deceit. "How do you know all that? No I didn't hurt him! Who are you" (wait a minute, who ARE you)

The boy snarled at Remy. "I'm his friend! Basically his brother! I will not let you get away with hurting him!" The boy leaped down from his perch and began to attempt to claw at Remy.

Remy was still in shock. This boy had been stalking them. Not to mention his reflexes were amazing. He was nearly completely silent when he moved, just like Deceit.

Remy had to keep dodging. There was no way that he could go on the offensive at the moment.

The boy was still screaming as he charged at Remy. His anger not letting him think.

"You monster! You fucking MONSTER! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU HURT HIM! HE JUST WANTED SOMEONE TO CARE ABOUT HIM FOR ONCE I HIS MISERABLE FUCKING LIFE! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT I HATE! HE LET HIMSELF GET HURT, THINKING THAT THEY WOULD GET IT BETTER..! I TRIED TO TELL HIM TO STOP BUT HE WOULDN'T LISten... He didn't listen.."

By the time he had finished he fell to his knees and began to sob. "I.. I just.. I can't believe he's dead.. why..? Why couldn't it have been me?"

Remy approached cautiously. "Kiddo, it's okay. He's not dead. I'm his current gaurdian. Yeah sure we haven't adopted him legally yet, but we're fostering him right now. We are going to legally adopt him soon. It was meant to be a surprise."

The boy looked up, "Snake is alive?"

Remy decided to not question the nickname at the moment. He nodded. "Now what is your name and how'd you learn to fight like that?"

"My name is Everett."

"As in Everett Aleistair Royal?"

Everett nodded "How'd you know?"

"Dee asked me to look for you. He didn't want to believe you were dead. Now, again, where did you learn to fight like that?"

Everett grimaced. "In my last home. It lasted about two months. I was thrown into a ring and often fought others twice my size to the brink of death. Wanna know how many times I lost?"

"Uhh... Many times?"

"Once."

465 words
Is Everett going to like Logan? Who's going to die? Would it taste better if I put frosting in a ham sandwich or buttercream?
urbestiefoeevah got the character in the last chapter.

He laid awake, contemplating why he existed. It was nearing three in the morning. He had tried making it darker with glasses though it didn't work. He grimaced and clenched his fists. He was the very opposite of what he represented. everyone adores insomnia, don't they?