Party's On

The drive wasn't long, the driver was pleasant enough. Steve and I were chosen to go as Jake and Derek, the two guests that were invited to the lavish party. I held onto the invitation, smoothing over my own tux, as I spared a quick glance at Steve. He was seated rather comfortably, eyes focuses solely on what's ahead of him, he was wearing a tux similar to my own, yet he looked so much more charming then I ever could. It hugged his muscles in all the right places. I let myself take in his sharp features, how the light playfully danced on his face, illuminating his delicious pale skin. Never have I ever seen someone so handsome in my life, why would anyone want to murder this creature? oh right, I did. Tried and failed apparently, because he was so distracting. I'm sure if it was anyone else, I would've gotten him, pretty easily, with that shot.

Feeling my eyes on him, Steve turned to look at me. "y/n?"

"Hmm?" I ask, hearing my name roll off those plump lips had me in a daze.

"Did you need something?"

"No, why would I?" Those blonde eye brows furrowed in confusion.

"Then why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" I ask, acting dumb.

"Like, weirdly."

"Oh, my bad, I was just admiring your beauty." A small blush rose to his perfectly sculpted cheekbones, he seemed taken aback.

A chuckle emitted from me at his reaction. "Relax, I'm not hitting on you, just wanted to see how you'd react." I shrug looking away, towards the window. A glamorous mansion came into view, signaling that we had arrived. "Oh look we're here."

_________________________

"Damnn, okay." I say, a little too loudly, as I gawked at the shining ballroom, with sparkling chandeliers that are probably bigger than me, an open bar at the end of the room, and a few tables and benches where people could sit at.

"Can you keep that too yourself, we're supposed to be used to theses kinds of things, remember? We're rich spoiled boys."

"Sorry, cap, but I'm going to enjoy myself, excuse me." I say walking towards the bar. I hear Steve walk after me in hurried steps.

"Don't refer to me by my actual name, we'll get found out," Steve hisses in my ear. I wave him away as if he were a fly.

"Oops my bad, cap, I mean Jake, or am I Jake, and you're Derek?" I ask, stopping at the counter.

"I'm Jake, you're Derek, why are you being so drunk and you haven't even had anything to drink yet?" Steve asks, suspicion in those ocean colored eyes, as I order a drink.

"I may have had a little something before we left Tony's tower."

"Y/N- I mean, Derek!" Steve rolls his eyes, apparently fed up. Just when the nice bartender had placed down my drink, Steve, rudely snatches it from my hands.

"Hey!" I say reaching for the glass, but Steve pulled it further away from my grasp. "Ugh! You're such a party pooper."

"No drinks for you," Steve apologizes to the bartender, giving back the drink, grabbed my arm, looking upset, and turned me away from the counter.