how I write mine stories

(Example is a story I'm thinking of writing later)

1) Get a basic plot. Who is the main character? Secondary character? How are they related / how do they meet? Don't add any more than five main characters.

I've decided to use America, Canada, Ukraine and Russia for the main characters. America and Canada are step-brothers, normally very close brothers. America falls for Russia, which starts drama, because Canada doesn't like Russia much. Boring plot so far.

2) What time zone is this set in? Future, past or present? How will this enhance the entertainment of the story?

I've decided this story is set in the present. But, with a catch - everyone has powers. Maybe America and Russia could slowly descend into villains because people don't accept them? Plot is getting better.

3) Get as many ideas possible. Small details, bigger details, conflicts in the story, etc. Think of every way the story can end, what the story ends with, how it begins...

I've decided that it's going to have a few memories of when Canada and America were only just getting used to each other to make it sadder when Canada gets angry at America. I will also make Russia care for America and be very persuasive, the ending will have forgiveness and such. Ending needs polishing.

4) "Iron" the details. Take out points that stray from the main plot, take out the wrinkles. Make sure it'll all flow together, everything isn't everywhere.

I've decided to take out the points of Russia being persuasive. Instead, America can follow him, which Canada doesn't like. The powers they have needs to fit their personalities, I think America has to have something smaller, like having enhanced senses or something, and Russia having a more dangerous ability. This can be another reason Canada is angry.

5) Make a draft of everything. Once the scrap is done, write the first chapter or prologue. Then, polish it, rework, because the first chapter is always the most vital. (Hook the readers)

You don't need to follow this, but this is how I do it. I don't lose motivation much either, and I know what I'm writing. If you're thinking about writing a story, I suggest you go over one or two of these points!